Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Manual App transfer problem

Default Manual App transfer problem
    Recently I got a new Itouch. Since itunes never backs up my save data for my games correctly, I sshed into my old ipod and extracted all the data from /var/mobile/applications to my pc and then put them all into the same directory (/var/mobile/applications). After about 6 hours of transferring, I finally got all of them on it. After I restarted my ipod, i saw that all of the icons for those apps that i transferred are all white and i cant open any of them. Can someone plz explain what happened and help?!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iTunes (Apple) highly restricts this process. Too easy to steal or pirate apps. This will never work as you described. The data portions within the app directory can be restored for some apps. Although a good iTunes backup does that automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    iTunes (Apple) highly restricts this process. Too easy to steal or pirate apps. This will never work as you described. The data portions within the app directory can be restored for some apps. Although a good iTunes backup does that automatically.
    Well, im screwed. Thanks though