Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Available memory issue causing crashing multiple times daily

Default Available memory issue causing crashing multiple times daily
    SO i am not to tech savy however i have managed to jailbreak my iphone and have no issue with it up until now. I currently have every cool thing that you can possible run in cydia and i find multiple times a day my phone gets slow or lags and then crashes and go's into safe mode. after looking further into this i noticed that right before my phone crashes my memory seems to be around 10-30 MB and not 200-400MB that i normally have free. does anyone know what is causing this problem i cant seem to figure it out and i really dont feel like uninstalling everything and then reinstalling stuff one thing at a time to find out what the issue is. please reply here or email me. also its not just my phone my friend also has all the same stuff as me and has this problem too. email is [email protected]. any help will greatly be appreciated. thank you

Thanks

Install SBSettings. There is a Processes toggle that will show you all your currently running apps. There is also a function to free up memory. Respringing will also free up memory.

As to why it's happening, I don't know. Some apps use lots of RAM. Sometimes the RAM is inactive, meaning it was it was cached for reuse by the application. Also, as great as multitasking is, it does end up with having too many apps running.

But, start with SBSettings. The best reason to jailbreak, in my opinion.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

i use SBSetting thats how i know that my ram is so low

Thanks

I'm not sure that anything is wrong. Just the way things work. I normally respring my iPhone to free the RAM. I also use Backgrounder to control what can run in once closed.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!