Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Advice on buying new iphone?

Default Advice on buying new iphone?
    Hey guys, I just wanted some advice.

Right now I own a 3Gs unlocked on Tmobile running 4.2. The problem is, my battery is starting to go, and to be honest, Im sick of not having 3g access on my phone.

So heres my dilema, Should I just upgrade to a iphone 4? The only problem there is Still no 3Gs access...

Ive thought about just buying an android, that way I can have 3g or 4g, but I would miss my iphone too much i think.

Or should I wait till the iphone 5 comes out in the next couple months, and see if they release one for tmobile? This would be the best option, but if its not likely they will release, I dont want to wait.

Advice?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The release of the new iPhone should be coming in the next few months (likely a couple months actually) if things go as planned ... So wait for it. Then you can decide. It would suck to jump the gun now and have a new phone for just two months then a new iPhone comes out.

Ya, but what are the odds of it coming to tmobile? Because chances are the tmobile merger will go through, but before thigns are final with that, it will be atleast a year before its official

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

There are rumors. I don't know if I believe them. Well if you can't wait then do what you feel you want, but if it were me I would wait. I like to see my options when things pan out rather than hoping something will or will not come out for my carrier.

vewry true, just annoyed at my iphone right now, haha, the battery only lasts an hour or so these days, makes it very difficult to use.

But there was a rumor going around wednesday about an iphone for tmobile

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Rumor is the keyword. Rumor has it sprint will get it too. Don't believe anything till it happens, especially in the iPhone world.

But yeah an hour of battery life is really bad ... Consider getting a new battery?

Do you know how much that costs? maybe it will hold me till the new iPhone comes out and I can decise

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Rumor is the keyword. Rumor has it sprint will get it too. Don't believe anything till it happens, especially in the iPhone world.

But yeah an hour of battery life is really bad ... Consider getting a new battery?
    Remember thee verizon iphone rumors

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Remember thee verizon iphone rumors
    Yes, and I didn't believe it until I saw it rule of thumb: don't believe things until the proof is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by ReInspired View Post
    Do you know how much that costs? maybe it will hold me till the new iPhone comes out and I can decise
    Non OEM less than $10. The replacement however depends on how much a cell shop will do it for. If you can do it yourself then free

Repair shops will charge you like crazy though, like $50 or something. Consider doing it yourself if you think you can, just watch lots of YouTube videos. I did mine myself, a housing swap, it went well for my first try. But if you can find someone on CL then they'd probably only charge $25 (in my area at least) so you should ask around.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-08-29 at 04:44 AM.

hmmm thats not bad, im sure I can do it myself, Ive fixed many xboxes and other stuff like that, so I could probably handle it? haha I hope, where can I get the batteries