Results 1 to 20 of 20

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Notifications dont work on my phone?

  1. #1
    Default Notifications dont work on my phone?
    Hey guys, ive been without notifications on my iphone 3GS(4.3.3) since i got it. I have no idea why they wont work? Notices are all ON, but still doesnt work? Theres no push what so ever, how do i fix it?

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    Did you activate with an Apple-authorized SIM? Download and run Push Checker from repo cydia.pushfix.info. The results?

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

    azzkiikr (2011-08-18), katastrophic (2011-08-29)

  4. #3
    No, it was unlocked with ultrasn0w, im currently downloading "Push Doctor" lets see if that works? Ill get back to you

    And btw, how do i make more memory for cydia stuff? I currently have 7 MB left or something? See the picture, it explains much better i think !

    http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder/56710/varonblabla

    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Did you activate with an Apple-authorized SIM? Download and run Push Checker from repo cydia.pushfix.info. The results?
    Okay, so i downloaded Push checker and it said "Push cert not unique" which means my notifications does not currently work. It tells me to download Pushfix 2.0/Push Doctor, but during the installing process of Push fix 2.0 and push doctor something happends, see the picture!

    Pushfix
    Last edited by azzkiikr; 2011-08-18 at 01:29 AM.

  5. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    Activation and unlock (using ultrasnow) are different things. How did you jailbreak? Did you select 'activate' during that jailbreak?

    Please try Push Checker as I initially suggested. Results?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

    azzkiikr (2011-08-18)

  7. #5
    Okay

    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Activation and unlock (using ultrasnow) are different things. How did you jailbreak? Did you select 'activate' during that jailbreak?

    Please try Push Checker as I initially suggested. Results?
    No, i jailbroke it as i usually do, with redsn0w and did not select any "activate" button when i jailbroke. I tried the push checker out, it said "Push cert not unique" and then it suggested Push fix 2.0/Push doctor, and they both dont work, i get errors during the installation in cydia.

  8. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    If you did not select activate with Redsnow ... then you needed an official SIM to activate and get to the iPhone springboard.

    Official activations do not require anything else, no push doctor or ...

    What is your carrier? Is it the same now as when it was new?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

    azzkiikr (2011-08-18)

  10. #7
    Okay

    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    If you did not select activate with Redsnow ... then you needed an official SIM to activate and get to the iPhone springboard.

    Official activations do not require anything else, no push doctor or ...

    What is your carrier? Is it the same now as when it was new?
    The phone is on another carrier originally, but to use my current carrier i needed to unlock the phone with ultrasn0w. What do you think i should do?

  11. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    Do you have the original carrier's SIM card? If you do, we can try 're-activating' which will fix PUSH completely.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

    azzkiikr (2011-08-18)

  13. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Do you have the original carrier's SIM card? If you do, we can try 're-activating' which will fix PUSH completely.
    No i do not om afraid :/ and i do not kbps ehat the official carrier for the phone is.

  14. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    The latest redsn0w versions automatically [h]activate when Cydia is installed. This opens the SpringBoard.

    With an authorized SIM installed and connected to iTunes, the PUSH certs are created after installing / running a PUSH app.

    For those who don't have an authorized SIM, SAM (repo.bingner.com). SAM instructions are located here: Subscriber Artificial Module

    One method should be used, not both.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

    azzkiikr (2011-08-18), katastrophic (2011-08-29)

  16. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    The latest redsn0w versions automatically [h]activate when Cydia is installed. This opens the SpringBoard.

    With an authorized SIM installed and connected to iTunes, the PUSH certs are created after installing / running a PUSH app.

    For those who don't have an authorized SIM, SAM (repo.bingner.com). SAM instructions are located here: Subscriber Artificial Module

    One method should be used, not both.
    So ill just follow the SAM instructions?

  17. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    I would try it. It's supposed to fix PUSH but I'm not sure it provides unique PUSH certs. Please use Push Checker and report it's findings.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

    azzkiikr (2011-08-18)

  19. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    I would try it. It's supposed to fix PUSH but I'm not sure it provides unique PUSH certs. Please use Push Checker and report it's findings.
    I tried it out but im not sure im doing things right here, cuz it didnt work out for me. Im kinda confused with all the #Options, could you possibly make a mini-guide for me if you got any knowledge of it? Would really appreciate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    I would try it. It's supposed to fix PUSH but I'm not sure it provides unique PUSH certs. Please use Push Checker and report it's findings.
    Oh, i finally fixed it thanks to you! Thank you alot sir!
    Last edited by azzkiikr; 2011-08-18 at 05:32 PM.

  20. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    Congratulations.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-08-18 at 05:42 PM.

  21. #15
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    I'd like to jump in here since a thread is already started.. I have a 3g with 3.1.3 J.B'd with redsnow 9.4 and am currently using SAM. I also have probs with Push. I downloaded push checker and I have unique certs. Push only works temporarily when I turn airplane mode on then off. after that I get a "yay!, push is working" badge. minutes later push stops working. I do not have data with my plan I depend on wifi for internet. How do I keep push active on my phone?

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to UltraFast For This Useful Post:

    katastrophic (2011-08-29)

  23. #16
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    No problem UltraFast. The OP problem was fixed.

    Since your PUSH works part of the time and the certificate is unique your issues are different.

    Because you depend upon WiFi for push .. WiFi must be on 'all the time'.
    While on battery and the 3G goes to lock screen, WiFi turns off to conserve battery.
    If the 3G is plugged into power, WiFi will remain active when it goes to lock screen.

    Have you tested push while power is applied all the time?

  24. #17
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Yes, it works plugged in. Is there a toggle for sbsettings that will allow wifi to be active all the time?

  25. #18
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    There's no existing SBSetting toggle for that. Quite awhile back, I remember seeing a tweak to keep WiFi on all the time. Don't remember when or where or anything else. Very very few wanted it because of the increased battery drain.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

    UltraFast (2011-08-18)

  27. #19
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    There's no existing SBSetting toggle for that. Quite awhile back, I remember seeing a tweak to keep WiFi on all the time. Don't remember when or where or anything else. Very very few wanted it because of the increased battery drain.
    Thanks for the help. The tweak I think your talking about is called Insomnia. It's on Cydia.
    Thanks again.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to UltraFast For This Useful Post:

    katastrophic (2011-08-29)

  29. #20
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    Thanks - that's the one . Insomnia

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •