Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Annoying Pop-Up iPhone message

Angry Annoying Pop-Up iPhone message
    I keep getting a window in the middle of the home screen saying that "this accessory is not made to work with the iPhone. Would you like to switch to airplane mode..."

How do I get rid of this?!?!?!?
    Modding Addict

buy an accessory that is made for iphone?

the reason it comes up is because something you plugged in is not designed for iphone and may intefere with the radio signals.

if it works fine, then good, but there is no way to remove the message.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Last night I got the same not made to work with iPhone message but I was using the iPhone dock.

Strange!

the same message comes on my iphone constantly when nothing is connected to it.
    Help!?

The same thing keeps happening to me. The Airplane Mode message constantly pops up throughout the day when nothing plugged in. The screen randomly turns on throughout the day when no buttons are pushed, completely draining my battery in half a day. And finally the phone will not turn off. When I slide the power off button, it turns off and then immediately restarts on its own. Has anyone experienced these problems and have any knowledge, or do I just need a Genius Bar appointment and a replacement iPhone
    ?

Thanks

Summerboard = YES? Dim Backgound = NO
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Exclamation Airplane mode pops up randomly
    Did you guys solve that problem about that annoying pop up airplane mode message. I read somewhere a possible solution and decided to try it because i had that same error. According to what i read you should soak the connection in alchohol and connect it to your phone (of course your phone should be off) then disconnect. Connect then disconnect do this like five times then you disconnect and blow the phone's connection and use a blow dryer in cool to dry the socket. This procedure is done 5 times.
    The reason being is that the connection of the phone is dirty and the phone presumes something is connected when in fact nothing is so by cleaning the connection will stop the message from popping up. When this error happens the sound is disabled. I had this problem and decided to try it because i can't go to an apple store since where i live no apple store exist. And i must say it worked my phone is back!!!

Hope this is helpful to anyone who has this problem.

Knightshadow

I'm Having this exact problem, I would try the cleaning method but i cant turn the phone off. I might just crank the brightness and play some music and let the phone die.

Ugh I wish apple had a direct solution for this problem. Also when you say Soak the connector in alcohol, how do you go about doing that since its indented into the phone.

Check for lint build up in the connections. This didn't work for me but I did have some build up in them.

Then I just unpluged the dock from the comp pluged it back in which got rid of the message.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charlie.kanel View Post
    I'm Having this exact problem, I would try the cleaning method but i cant turn the phone off. I might just crank the brightness and play some music and let the phone die.

Ugh I wish apple had a direct solution for this problem. Also when you say Soak the connector in alcohol, how do you go about doing that since its indented into the phone.
    How come you can't turn the phone off?

Knightshadow

"According to what i read you should soak the connection in alchohol and connect
    it to your phone (of course your phone should be off) then disconnect."

the problem with the airplane mode pop up. is the annoyin pop up that wont go away untill ur battery is dead. and 2nd iT WONT ALLOW YOU TO TURN OFF YOUR PHONE!!! so i dont think your method is going to work!

Hey Guys i am also having the exact same problem but i dont think that it is a hardware issue because of this ( screenshot below).

I think some body has purposely done it may it be apple people or some other guys.

I am trying to find a possible solution.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0012.png  

What you have posted on your screen shot is what shows up when you have server lock Example selected in Winterboard. That is just something Saurik typed probably.
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

Guy be very careful If your phone is on and you put alcohol on the buttom connection you will permanelty FRY your phone and it will NEVER turn on again. Make sure the phone is OFF

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uvbisani View Post
    Hey Guys i am also having the exact same problem but i dont think that it is a hardware issue because of this ( screenshot below).

I think some body has purposely done it may it be apple people or some other guys.

I am trying to find a possible solution.
    LOL dude! that's something from winterboard. i forgot what its called, but that was a test to show ppl that they figured out how to get things to apear on the lock screen thru winterboard.

lol, apple planted this on your phone......

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

For future reference on the real issue with this problem click the flex link in my sig.

Happened to my sister, never hacked, 2G 1.1.2 Factory, was at 2.2. I Restored for her. Outcome: nothing DFU: Nothing. Switch(New 2G or 3G depending on what you have) the phone and restore from backup: OK

Update: Swtiching phone was free unless you upgrade from 2G to 3G

MMi ownz!

My friend had this same problem. Took it to the Apple Store and they gave him a new one. Of course, he bought from them and has AT&T and everything.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshysquashy View Post
    buy an accessory that is made for iphone?

the reason it comes up is because something you plugged in is not designed for iphone and may intefere with the radio signals.

if it works fine, then good, but there is no way to remove the message.
    This happens with accessories specifically designed for the phones too.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-08-24)

Default Same problem for me
    I am having the same issue with my iphone. IT's unlocked and jailbroken, and the pop-up occurs every few minutes or so with nothing connected. I'm going to try the alcohol method to fix it, but the reason I'm posting is because I also had a problem trying to shut my phone off for a min and wanted to offer a solution.
    Did you try holding BOTH buttons down, not just the thin one on the top? This worked for me, it's sort of like the reboot method except you let go when you're done.
    Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast