Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PLEASE HELP....my iphone 3G is not able to charge or turn on preoperly?!?!?!?!?!?!

Default PLEASE HELP....my iphone 3G is not able to charge or turn on preoperly?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Please help! My iphone 3g won't charge/turn on?

For some reason my iphone 3g is stuck on the screen where there is a battery with minimal level, with a lightning bolt symbol underneath it.

http://i51.tinypic.com/xdczrs.png

It won't charge on the wall charger nor the computer, its been stuck on that screen all day.
    It is unlocked/jailbroken, so I'm trying to do anything BUT restore it, because I don't want it to lock back up again.
    Plus, I don't want all of my things to erase.
    please help me, I need this fixed fast!!

Did u try to reset it by holding both the home and power buttons for ten seconds?

Clean dock port with clean dry toothbrush. See if will charge. If not clean dock port with lint free cloth moistened with isopropyll alcohol especially the pins which are on top of the dock mid rib. See if will charge. If not try a different known good USB cable or might help to use a new USB cable.

If it turns out to be a battery issue. Replacing the battery will not interfere with iPhone contents (jailbreak or unlock) other than having a new battery.
    Last edited by 805 93003; 2011-08-14 at 10:31 PM.