Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 stuck in DFU

Default iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 stuck in DFU
    I've been trying to help a friend unlock their iPhone 3GS on 4.3.3. I installed the iPad baseband fine and jailbroke the phone using redsn0w. But cydia kept saying that it was preparing the file system, so I did a restore using a custom firmware made with sn0wbreeze. After that, the phone would only boot up if I had redsn0w boot with it tethered.

Now though, the phone won't boot at all. I've tried restoring using the custom firmware, trying to kick it out of recovery using fixrecovery43.exe and with redsn0w but it won't boot.

How can i fix this? Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brian515 View Post
    I've been trying to help a friend unlock their iPhone 3GS on 4.3.3. I installed the iPad baseband fine and jailbroke the phone using redsn0w. But cydia kept saying that it was preparing the file system, so I did a restore using a custom firmware made with sn0wbreeze. After that, the phone would only boot up if I had redsn0w boot with it tethered.

Now though, the phone won't boot at all. I've tried restoring using the custom firmware, trying to kick it out of recovery using fixrecovery43.exe and with redsn0w but it won't boot.

How can i fix this? Thanks!
    Download tiny umbrella and tell us if u have shsh saved. ( it's unlikely but still !!)
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

Since I haven't been keeping up with the jailbreak scene since switching to Android, I had no idea about the SHSH signing, so no, I was stupid and TinyUmbrella doesn't have the blobs for 4.3.3. It does have them for 4.3, 4.3.5 and 4.2.1, so I downloaded a 4.2.1 IPSW, used sn0wbreeze to make a custom build and tried flashing it. I used iREB first and iTunes gave me an error 28. So I tried flashing it in normal DFU (not pwned) and got a 1600 error.
    Last edited by brian515; 2011-07-28 at 07:28 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brian515 View Post
    Since I haven't been keeping up with the jailbreak scene since switching to Android, I had no idea about the SHSH signing, so no, I was stupid and TinyUmbrella doesn't have the blobs for 4.3.3. It does have them for 4.3, 4.3.5 and 4.2.1, so I downloaded a 4.2.1 IPSW, used sn0wbreeze to make a custom build and tried flashing it. I used iREB first and iTunes gave me an error 28. So I tried flashing it in normal DFU (not pwned) and got a 1600 error.
    Lucky!!

Use redsn0w to put phone in pwned dfu.
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

I tried that. Didn't work

Thanks

What was the error

Thanks

Error 23, 28, 29: These errors may indicate a hardware issue with your device. Follow the steps in this article. Also attempt to restore while connected with the white USB Dock Connector cable that shipped with your device, on a known good computer and network to isolate this issue to the device. The MAC address being missing or the IMEI being the default value, (00 499901 064000 0), can also confirm a hardware issue. Out-of-date or incorrectly configured security software can also cause these errors.

Apple says that.