Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.3.3 - Error code 1013 (Recovery Mode) HELP!

Default iPhone 4.3.3 - Error code 1013 (Recovery Mode) HELP!
    Hi guys,

I jailbroke my iphone on 4.3.3 about a month ago now using jailbreakme 3.0, everything was running fine up until today!

I downloaded a font, I liked the look of and installed and used bytafont to use it, obviously I had to respring, this is where my problems started. The iphone froze on the start up (boot logo) with the loading icon just not moving.

Next thing I did was restart the iphone, nothing still froze on boot logo. I then realised i'm going to have to restore. I went to restore and via itunes and it said I needed to update to the latest firmware, now I knew I was in trouble as I didn't want to do this.

I downloaded a 4.3.3 firmware via the net to restore it to, followed the instructions about getting it in the DFU mode, holding shift on restore via itunes and clicking the 4.3.3 I downloaded. This is all went fine up until the very end of the process and came up with the 1013 error stating it cannot be restored

I was told this can happen when downgrading, anyway I went on TinyUmbrella and went on exit recovery mode, it re booted but then went straight back into recovery mode!

I have tried this over 5 times now as well as giving in and downloading the new firmware 4.3.5 and even that won't work!

I'm pretty tired of it all now and very frustrated, I can't even get it back to factory settings. All I want is my iphone to be working, I don't care what firmware it is or if i've lost everything.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
    Stanny.

P.S iTunes isn't seeing as my iphone as it's name anymore, simply just "iPhone" where as TinyUmbrella still is seeing it as "Sam's iPhone."

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Do you have SHSHs saved for 4.3.3? If so, let me know. If you don't, you'd have to restore to 4.3.5. The reason why your restore to 4.3.5 isn't working though is bc you used TU which is pointing iTunes to restore through Cydia's server which it should not be.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Do you have SHSHs saved for 4.3.3? If so, let me know. If you don't, you'd have to restore to 4.3.5. The reason why your restore to 4.3.5 isn't working though is bc you used TU which is pointing iTunes to restore through Cydia's server which it should not be.
    He can use ifaith an update to ifaith is coming
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

I don't remember saving SHSH so probably not.

I have tried restarting computer and just using itunes but again this still doesn't work

What is this iFaith you mention?

Hang on, I've gone onto CUsers\(myuser)\.shsh

and I have 3 files a 4.3.3, 4.3.4 or a 4.3.5?

also says I have 3 files of SHSH on TU aswell
    Last edited by stanny; 2011-07-28 at 10:24 AM.

Hi guys,

I have been trying all day to fix this. I used fix recovery mode from TU and it's done it! it's now stuck on the itunes connect screen but it says slide for emergencies?

I don't wanna restore it in itunes yet until I know everything is safe and fine? I don't want it bricking on me. Will I have to re-install itunes so the hosts are normal? Or could I change the host myself to the original settings?

Thanks

Seeing that u have shsh. Fire up TSS server..
    Shift restore in iTunes.
    Use redsn0w to jailbreak :-)

Update:

Everything is working fine, I followed this Exit iOS 4.3.3 Recovery Mode Loop Using TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) | Jaxov

I'm not back to 4.3.3 normal and using my back up.

I don't think I'm gonna jailbreak again just to be safe!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stanny View Post
    Update:

Everything is working fine, I followed this Exit iOS 4.3.3 Recovery Mode Loop Using TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) | Jaxov

I'm not back to 4.3.3 normal and using my back up.

I don't think I'm gonna jailbreak again just to be safe!
    jailbreaking is safe as it can be if u follow the protocols.even if u don't it's impossible to brick an iPhone unless it's a hardware issue.

should I jailbreak it through a program on the pc? As I don't feel confident with the jailbreakme version. Any videos or tutorials on how to do this?

what exactly do u mean by the protocols?

Thanks

Protocol :

The established code of procedure or behavior in any group, organization, or situation
    Lol

Use redsn0w

Jailbreak 4.3.3 Untethered iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch Using Redsn0w [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

stanny (2011-08-01)