Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No service after unlocking

Default No service after unlocking
    Hi everyone, I am new here. I apologize but I really have to lay down all my iphone 4 problems asap coz it's making me crazy. I bought this phone used its jailbroken 4.3.1 with baseband 04.10.01 locked with at&t it was working good, since I am on tmobile, I asked the previous owner if he knows about unlocking the phone, he said he does so he unlocked it right in front of me downloading ultrasnow. 4 days later when I put my tmobile sim card in it only gives 1 signal bar, it doesnt even says tmobile on the signal area. I tried making calls but all failed. I tried uninstalling ultrasnow and installing it back but nothing. I rebooted and nothing. I uninstalled ultrasnow again, network reset,reset all settings still not fixed, I think I even made it worse. Now if I go to the about section of the phone ,the carrier info is not available istead before it says at&T. After all the reset I did now it wont even read the sim card. Please advise me on what steps to do, I am a newbie on iphones infact this is my first iphone and i want to enjoy it rather than getting stressed out finding a solution to all this problems.
    Last edited by why_why; 2011-07-25 at 08:09 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Ultrasn0w doesnot work on 4.10.01
    You need gevey
    Www.applenberry.com
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

why_why (2011-07-25)

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Now one more thing, how do I fix this "not available" on the carrier info. Before it says at&t, i think this came up after I did the "reset all settings" option. Advice please.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say a restore will help. Does Cydia show some numbers in green on it's home screen?

No, there are no numbers in green on cydia home screen. What does the green numbers mean? By the way, are there any disadvantage with gevey sim? So I will know what to expect.

Thanks much