Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone dropped, itunes activation screen. Can't connect.

Default iPhone dropped, itunes activation screen. Can't connect.
    I dropped my iPhone the other day and the screen broke (but still visible) but for some reason it's stuck at the iPhone activation screen. It just shows the iPhone logo and the emergency dial...when I connect to itunes it says it can't connect because the iPhone is password locked. I would gladly type in the password if it let me, but it doesn't even give me that option, it's just stuck at the emergency screen. After playing around with it I noticed that my sbsettings still works when I swiped the status bar, but I can't use it to open apps..any ideas? I'm trying to avoid DFU+restore, I have a lot of info on there that I haven't backed up yet. Could it be that one internal storage has come loose? Or are both partitions on the same drive?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Internal storage is one (or 2) flash chips .... not an issue here. It's possible something came loose and if fixed the phone will return to normal. I would stay away from any type of restore or update. Make sure the hardware is in 100% working order first. Take is to a qualified repair shop --- but insist no software / restore / update activities are performed.