Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need SEROUS IPHONE HELP!!!

Exclamation Need SEROUS IPHONE HELP!!!
    i woke up this morning to find my iphone 3gs on connect to itunes screen, i havent got a clue why its stuck there and its frustrating, i honestly dont know what to do so ive now asked the pro's (you guys)

unlocked, jailbroken, 4.1 (or 4.2.1) i cant remember sorry :/
    i have ssh saved from 3.1.2 all the way until 4.33 (Y)
    i would update but i want to keep my jail break and my installed packages! & my unlock
    thanks in advance
    .:Scott:.
    Add me if you would like to play online together (:

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Was it synced to iTunes recently?
    You can try using a soft reset by holding the power button and the home buttom untilt he screen goes blank and then try turning the device back on.

If this doesn't work try kicking the device out of recovery.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

If what ihappy told doesnot work. Run ifaith. It will dump the blobs of the firmware you on And inturn identify the firmware
    If u on 4.2.1 you can use fixrecovery
    If it's on 4.1 you would already have had phone working If u followed ihappy's post :-)

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    If what ihappy told doesnot work. Run ifaith. It will dump the blobs of the firmware you on And inturn identify the firmware
    If u on 4.2.1 you can use fixrecovery
    If it's on 4.1 you would already have had phone working If u followed ihappy's post :-)
    seems when i restart it just goes back to itunes screen and i havent synced in a while lol

Thanks

Follow the steps :-/

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It's stuck in recovery, if it isn't the result of a restore (which looks like it is not) you will want to do a restore. Hopefully you have backed your device up recently bc with the state that it is in, you're likely to lose your info. iTunes doesn't do a good job backing up a device that's already stuck in recovery mode.

Its great that you have your SHSHs saved, so all you have to do is create a custom firmware for 4.2.1 (or 4.3.3 if you'd like to upgrade) with Sn0wbreeze or Pwnagetool. Set your device into pwned DFU mode with redsn0w, run the TSS Server in TinyUmbrella, and open iTunes to shift(opt on mac) + restore to your custom fw.

Be sure that you do not include the iPad bb when creating your custom firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    It's stuck in recovery, if it isn't the result of a restore (which looks like it is not) you will want to do a restore. Hopefully you have backed your device up recently bc with the state that it is in, you're likely to lose your info. iTunes doesn't do a good job backing up a device that's already stuck in recovery mode.

Its great that you have your SHSHs saved, so all you have to do is create a custom firmware for 4.2.1 (or 4.3.3 if you'd like to upgrade) with Sn0wbreeze or Pwnagetool. Set your device into pwned DFU mode with redsn0w, run the TSS Server in TinyUmbrella, and open iTunes to shift(opt on mac) + restore to your custom fw.

Be sure that you do not include the iPad bb when creating your custom firmware.
    i am tempted to do this but the thing is i will lose all my jb settings and sources i cant remember all of them

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

If you can't SSH into your device and you can't exit recovery mode with all the options out there to do so, that's the only choice you have.

iFaith dosent work gets stuck on detection ios :/
    the reset thing normally works but this time it seems looped :'(
    Last edited by .:Scott:.; 2011-07-22 at 06:51 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

It won't work because you're stuck in recovery mode, not that you need iFaith. You said you already have your SHSHs saved.

It won't work because you're stuck in recovery mode, not that you need iFaith. You said you already have your SHSHs saved.
    i have it saved on server, im downloading 4.3.3 now so will upgrade i guess, how do i do this?

thanks for all your help i would like to know the cause because i havent got a clue :/

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

There is a link in my sig called Quick JB Tutorials follow the segment for upgrading to 4.3.3

There is a link in my sig called Quick JB Tutorials follow the segment for upgrading to 4.3.3
    dosent show u have a sig mate :/ just blank even mines cut off :/

itunes stuck on waiting on iphone then getting error code 40 :/ when i try to do that method should i do restore standard from itunes to 4.3.3 then do restore to hack it orr?
    Last edited by .:Scott:.; 2011-07-22 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks

Error 40: This error may indicate a hardware issue with your device, but it is typically caused by out-of-date or incorrectly configured security software. Follow the steps in this article. Also attempt to restore while connected with a known-good 30-pin Dock Connector cable, computer, and network to isolate this issue to the device. The MAC address being missing or the IMEI being the default value, (00 499901 064000 0), can also confirm a hardware issue.

:-)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I've never seen error 40 before, so I'm going to say the response above ^ is probably the case. I just want to test something out...if you could, get a stock 4.1 fw. Run TinyUmbrella, start the TSS server, open iTunes, shift+restore to stock 4.1. When it's done you'll get error 1015, go to TinyUmbrella and select to "exit recovery" (not fix recovery).

If you still get error 40 when you're restoring to stock 4.1, it's likely a hardware issue.

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    Error 40: This error may indicate a hardware issue with your device, but it is typically caused by out-of-date or incorrectly configured security software. Follow the steps in this article. Also attempt to restore while connected with a known-good 30-pin Dock Connector cable, computer, and network to isolate this issue to the device. The MAC address being missing or the IMEI being the default value, (00 499901 064000 0), can also confirm a hardware issue.

:-)
    i read this myself off apples website how do i solve this? im using the correct lead? :S

Thanks

Change computer . Cable. Switch of security softwares. Try it then.I just copied it off apple's site

I've never seen error 40 before, so I'm going to say the response above ^ is probably the case. I just want to test something out...if you could, get a stock 4.1 fw. Run TinyUmbrella, start the TSS server, open iTunes, shift+restore to stock 4.1. When it's done you'll get error 1015, go to TinyUmbrella and select to "exit recovery" (not fix recovery).

If you still get error 40 when you're restoring to stock 4.1, it's likely a hardware issue.
    my phone wont bloody get off the itunes screen :@:@:@:@ it says preparing for restore... on itunes and on my phone it says connect to itunes...

got error 1604
    Last edited by .:Scott:.; 2011-07-22 at 10:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast