Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need SEROUS IPHONE HELP!!!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

1604? Were you using a stock 4.1? It shouldn't matter if it is on the iTunes+USB screen or not. The restore to 4.1 should be fine, and yes you'll get the recovery mode screen again, but you're aiming for error 1015 so you can exit recovery with TU. 1600 errors usually don't occur unless 1) USB problem or 2) when using a custom fw without pwned dfu mode.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    1604? Were you using a stock 4.1? It shouldn't matter if it is on the iTunes+USB screen or not. The restore to 4.1 should be fine, and yes you'll get the recovery mode screen again, but you're aiming for error 1015 so you can exit recovery with TU. 1600 errors usually don't occur unless 1) USB problem or 2) when using a custom fw without pwned dfu mode.
    alright i just restarted my pc incase somthing was casing problems...
    i entered pwnd dfu and tried restoring to stock 4.1 and got the 40 error...
    Last edited by .:Scott:.; 2011-07-22 at 11:21 PM.
    Add me if you would like to play online together (:

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

U have security soft?
    Change USB port
    Try using other computer !!

-look.png
    Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    U have security soft?
    Change USB port
    Try using other computer !!
    allright i will try that today and get back too you o apppreciate all your help guys dose anyone now why this is happening?
    all i know it keeps getting stuck on waiting for iphone the logos there on the iphone but the progress bar dosent move at all :/
    on a different computer now downloading 4.3.4 from itunes it seems no matter what i do my phone dosenot like it at all
    i dont know what to do from here...

would it be possible to get your IM? msn or somthing that way we can communication instant.. and then post the solution after? (if solved)
    tried on diff pc &:
    i attached a print screen of what happens when trying to restore to 4.1...
    in pwn dfu mode thanks to redsn0w trying to restore to 4.1 standard..
    Last edited by .:Scott:.; 2011-07-23 at 03:00 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

So I was reading Apple's description of error 40, have you been able to see the IMEI on your device? Apparently if the default IMEI of (00 499901 064000 0) indicates hardware failure. If you can find that out then you can determine if your device really is experiencing hardware failure.

So I was reading Apple's description of error 40, have you been able to see the IMEI on your device? Apparently if the default IMEI of (00 499901 064000 0) indicates hardware failure. If you can find that out then you can determine if your device really is experiencing hardware failure.
    how can you do this? using usb view or somthing?

DFU MODE STATS USING USB VIEW:
    Device Descriptor:
    bcdUSB: 0x0200
    bDeviceClass: 0x00
    bDeviceSubClass: 0x00
    bDeviceProtocol: 0x00
    bMaxPacketSize0: 0x40 (64)
    idVendor: 0x05AC (Apple Computer)
    idProduct: 0x1227
    bcdDevice: 0x0000
    iManufacturer: 0x01
    0x0004: "Apple Inc."
    0x0009: "Apple Inc."
    iProduct: 0x02
    0x0004: "Apple Mobile Device (DFU Mode)"
    0x0009: "Apple Mobile Device (DFU Mode)"
    iSerialNumber: 0x03
    0x0004: "CPID:8920 CPRV:15 CPFM:03 SCEP:01 BDID:00 ECID:000001DCFA156DCC SRTG:[iBoot-359.3.2]"
    0x0009: "CPID:8920 CPRV:15 CPFM:03 SCEP:01 BDID:00 ECID:000001DCFA156DCC SRTG:[iBoot-359.3.2]"
    bNumConfigurations: 0x01

ConnectionStatus: DeviceConnected
    Current Config Value: 0x01
    Device Bus Speed: High
    Device Address: 0x03
    Open Pipes: 0

Configuration Descriptor:
    wTotalLength: 0x0019
    bNumInterfaces: 0x01
    bConfigurationValue: 0x01
    iConfiguration: 0x00
    bmAttributes: 0x80 (Bus Powered )
    MaxPower: 0x32 (100 Ma)

Interface Descriptor:
    bInterfaceNumber: 0x00
    bAlternateSetting: 0x00
    bNumEndpoints: 0x00
    bInterfaceClass: 0xFE
    bInterfaceSubClass: 0x01
    bInterfaceProtocol: 0x02
    iInterface: 0x00

Unknown Descriptor:
    bDescriptorType: 0x21
    bLength: 0x07
    07 21 01 0A 00 00 08

IPHONE IN RECOVERY MODE USB VIEW:
    Device Descriptor:
    bcdUSB: 0x0200
    bDeviceClass: 0x00
    bDeviceSubClass: 0x00
    bDeviceProtocol: 0x00
    bMaxPacketSize0: 0x40 (64)
    idVendor: 0x05AC (Apple Computer)
    idProduct: 0x1281
    bcdDevice: 0x0000
    iManufacturer: 0x01
    0x0409: "Apple Inc."
    iProduct: 0x02
    0x0409: "Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode)"
    iSerialNumber: 0x03
    0x0409: "CPID:8920 CPRV:15 CPFM:03 SCEP:03 BDID:00 ECID:000001DCFA156DCC IBFL:01 SRNM:[859494DM3NP] I

bNumConfigurations: 0x01

ConnectionStatus: DeviceConnected
    Current Config Value: 0x01
    Device Bus Speed: High
    Device Address: 0x03
    Open Pipes: 1

Endpoint Descriptor:
    bEndpointAddress: 0x04 OUT
    Transfer Type: Bulk
    wMaxPacketSize: 0x0200 (512)
    bInterval: 0x00

Configuration Descriptor:
    wTotalLength: 0x0039
    bNumInterfaces: 0x02
    bConfigurationValue: 0x01
    iConfiguration: 0x04
    0x0409: "Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode)"
    bmAttributes: 0x80 (Bus Powered )
    MaxPower: 0xFA (500 Ma)

Interface Descriptor:
    bInterfaceNumber: 0x00
    bNumEndpoints: 0x01
    bInterfaceClass: 0xFE
    bInterfaceSubClass: 0x01
    bInterfaceProtocol: 0x02

Endpoint Descriptor:
    bEndpointAddress: 0x04 OUT

Interface Descriptor:
    bInterfaceNumber: 0x01
    bNumEndpoints: 0x00
    bInterfaceClass: 0xFF
    bInterfaceSubClass: 0xFF
    bInterfaceProtocol: 0x51

Interface Descriptor:
    bInterfaceNumber: 0x01
    bAlternateSetting: 0x01
    bNumEndpoints: 0x02
    bInterfaceClass: 0xFF
    bInterfaceSubClass: 0xFF
    bInterfaceProtocol: 0x51
    iInterface: 0x05
    0x0409: "Apple USB Serial Interface"

Endpoint Descriptor:
    bEndpointAddress: 0x81 IN

Endpoint Descriptor:
    bEndpointAddress: 0x02 OUT
    Last edited by .:Scott:.; 2011-07-23 at 08:19 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Nvm scratch that. I am seeing that there is your IMEI. doesn't look like it matches the default.

So then it says that it's some sort of outdated software issue? Wonder what that could mean.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-07-23 at 07:14 PM.

The only way I know how to view the IMEI is when I'm on the phone with the emergency call screen. But I don't think you can even get to that point being that your phone is stuck and can't restore. I'll have to look into other ways to find out. Maybe someone else knows...

agreed mate no chance atm still at the recovery mode screen, and maybe just dont want to do it for free...i even offered donating for a working solution :/ but only you mate only you!

Nvm scratch that. I am seeing that there is your IMEI. doesn't look like it matches the default.

So then it says that it's some sort of outdated software issue? Wonder what that could mean.
    your guess is as good as mine? i just woke up to find it like this :/

arent imie numbers unique to the phone? :s
    Last edited by .:Scott:.; 2011-07-23 at 07:26 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Yeah they are but if the IMEI is default to what Apple says it indicates a hardware failure. I really don't need a donation I just like to figure these things out but I have never dealt with error 40 before.

Btw you should remove your IMEI number from the previous post, people can take it and misuse it.

Edit: The only thing left I can really think of to try is to let your battery drain. If you can open the phone and remove the battery that'd be faster and easier, but if not you should let the battery die out. Then then try a restore again. We can figure out what to restore to later after you let the battery drain for a few days. But I'm really out of ideas right now :/
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-07-23 at 07:32 PM.

Yeah they are but if the IMEI is default to what Apple says it indicates a hardware failure. I really don't need a donation I just like to figure these things out but I have never dealt with error 40 before.

Btw you should remove your IMEI number from the previous post, people can take it and misuse it.

Edit: The only thing left I can really think of to try is to let your battery drain. If you can open the phone and remove the battery that'd be faster and easier, but if not you should let the battery die out. Then then try a restore again. We can figure out what to restore to later after you let the battery drain for a few days. But I'm really out of ideas right now :/
    ok mate tell me how to take the back off and ill remove it also removed my IMEI from the post thanks for all your help! and i would donate to the site to say thank you and add you as a thanks in the donation

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

If you've never opened the phone before I really wouldn't suggest it unless you feel confident about doing it. I would suggest watching a lot of YouTube videos if you feel like that's something you want to do. Getting the battery out requires you to take the entire phone apart and you could damage something along the way if you're not careful or don't know 100% what you're doing. So I'd be very careful if I were you, or just let the battery drain on its own.

If you've never opened the phone before I really wouldn't suggest it unless you feel confident about doing it. I would suggest watching a lot of YouTube videos if you feel like that's something you want to do. Getting the battery out requires you to take the entire phone apart and you could damage something along the way if you're not careful or don't know 100% what you're doing. So I'd be very careful if I were you, or just let the battery drain on its own.
    just watched a video and screw that looool im too heavy handed the problem with leatting it run out.. it would take weeks!!! as the iphone turns off every 5 min :/
    what can i do?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I mean if you feel like that's something you want to try, I'd really recommend watching a disassembly video like 50 times lol. The first time I did it I watched the same video for hours to make sure I knew by heart what I was doing. I did okay on it for my first attempt ever but I spent a lot of time with the right tools preparing for it.

I mean if you feel like that's something you want to try, I'd really recommend watching a disassembly video like 50 times lol. The first time I did it I watched the same video for hours to make sure I knew by heart what I was doing. I did okay on it for my first attempt ever but I spent a lot of time with the right tools preparing for it.
    your bravour than me mate i tell you :L

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Oh trust me it wasn't something I was just daring myself to do, I had to because I was already out of warranty, and I needed replace the screen, change the housing, and fix the vibrate switch or it wouldn't sell for much It was something I absolutely had to do, you however can wait a couple weeks for the battery to drain, or you can attempt to open the device. Remember though, it isn't guaranteed that doing this will solve anything. It's the last possible solution that I have to give you that I can think of at this point.

Oh trust me it wasn't something I was just daring myself to do, I had to because I was already out of warranty, and I needed replace the screen, change the housing, and fix the vibrate switch or it wouldn't sell for much It was something I absolutely had to do, you however can wait a couple weeks for the battery to drain, or you can attempt to open the device. Remember though, it isn't guaranteed that doing this will solve anything. It's the last possible solution that I have to give you that I can think of at this point.
    i know the risk of mucking up is too grate :L n i dont have the funds for a repair let alone a replacement..:/

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Yeah...perhaps it's best for you to try and just let the battery drain.

Yeah...perhaps it's best for you to try and just let the battery drain.
    know of a way to.... drain it faster?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

The only way I know how to drain it faster is to play games on the phone but it seems like you can't really do that... it's just a natural process I guess for you to let it sit and drain.

The only way I know how to drain it faster is to play games on the phone but it seems like you can't really do that... it's just a natural process I guess for you to let it sit and drain.
    lol yeah :/ the days u wished they incoperated pac man or sumthin into the itunes screen while u wait for a sync?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast