Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: any hope??

Default any hope??
    Okay, here is the situation... There was an ipod that was brought into my business over 3months ago (customer brought it in and stated it was in the parking lot). I have printed and left a sign up for over 90 days and yet noone has claimed it.. even spoke to a police officer friend of mine and he basically laughed. so ethically, morally, physically did everything to return the item.. i now deem it as mine.. i dont really have much of a use as i have a iphone 4 but figure i can free up space on my phone and have this as backup.. heres the thing i tried the password multiple times and is now disabled.. i have tried the hard reset/restore and everytime it gets ready to restore i get "mobiledeviceservice stopped working" and also get a 1611 itunes error. i am at a loss and tried everything.. ive tried the shift/restore with other firmware.. hard reset tethered and untethered.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. if not this ipod will be target practice that'll be uploaded to youtube

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Restore through iTunes and try using a different usb port or a different computer

thanks for the reply, but ive tried that.. now for some reason im getting mobile device service stopped working, even with my i4 and ive uninstalled and reinstalled itunes. ugh!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Try a different pc/cable .. Also what model is the iPod touch? Btw amazing that u tried returning it :-)
    Do u have antivirus installed?
    Last edited by xtacy; 2011-07-19 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    Try a different pc/cable .. Also what model is the iPod touch? Btw amazing that u tried returning it :-)
    Do u have antivirus installed?
    Its either a 1g or 2 g. Locked so cant reAlly tell. Also running commodo with no firewall. Hmm good idea on the cord. Ill try thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Try switching it off and connect..
    http://iphonehelp.in/2010/02/11/ipod-touch-2g-vs-ipod-touch-3g/
    See the first pic.,
    If the black spot like the left or right one?