Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Price guess-timation?!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Price guess-timation?!
    Hello everyone,

I now have an iPhone 4. My iPhone 3GS is still fully functional however the screen has been replaced (poor job; the home button is pushed in a little bit) and the Wi-Fi antenna is very short ranged (wear and tear according to Apple Geniuses).

I want to sell the iPhone 3GS, but I don't know how much it can sell for.

Would it bring in more cash if I replaced the digitizer entirely?

What price would you sell such an iPhone 3GS at?

Thanks!
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I would replace the digitizer as this will definitely bring you more money.

Its one thing for it to have cosmetic blemishes but its another if it doesnt function correctly.

I sold my 32gb 3GS for $260 and the only problem was that it had a small crack on the back near the charging port. I have seen some go for around $300 that work perfectly as opposed to those that sell as parts phones for around $60-$100

Thanks

My iPhone 3GS is a 16GB. The phone itself is fully functional. Only the Wi-Fi is very weak. As I wrote in the first post, I went to Apple and they said it's "normal".

I'm guessing I can easily sell it for $215? There are very few blemishes on the rear casing and the home button is a little pushed in.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Good luck with the sale

I have a 3G that has poor wifi try this...
    Open it up and right at the back where the wifi antenna plugs on to the mainboard fold up a little piece of cardboard ( a piece of Rizla packet is ideal) not too thick lay it on top of the connector and close the phone up. Basically so that it pushes down on the connector a little. I did this and voila full wifi range again. Turned out to be a little loose that's all!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz229 View Post
    I have a 3G that has poor wifi try this...
    Open it up and right at the back where the wifi antenna plugs on to the mainboard fold up a little piece of cardboard ( a piece of Rizla packet is ideal) not too thick lay it on top of the connector and close the phone up. Basically so that it pushes down on the connector a little. I did this and voila full wifi range again. Turned out to be a little loose that's all!

The Wi-Fi antenna is located at the top left of the iPhone (3G/3GS), correct?

If you could take a snapshot of how it looks on your phone I would much appreciate it!

I'm driving lol When you open it up and you've got the connecter port nearest to you....
    As you look inside on the right hand side you got two ribbons and on the left hand side you got one in the corner yeah? Its the one In the corner a little round connecter ribbon not oblong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcbzr View Post
    The Wi-Fi antenna is located at the top left of the iPhone (3G/3GS), correct?

If you could take a snapshot of how it looks on your phone I would much appreciate it!
    Yes top left.
    http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?sit...tenna&sa=N#i=6

That is a pic of a replacement. The bit I'm referring to is the left hand side of the item the bit that plugs onto the mainboard. Im sorry I can't be more illustrative but I'm driving a truck at the min. I can when I get home in am hour or two.
    Last edited by Tazz229; 2011-07-19 at 04:44 PM.