Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Today is a Sad Day. (Please read, I really could use some help here.)

Thanks

Unhappy Today is a Sad Day. (Please read, I really could use some help here.)
    So I've been happily jailbroken on 4.3.3 ever since 4.3.3 was released...until now. And no I did not update to 4.3.4. I have no idea what's going on with my phone.. I'll just list all of the problems I've been having so that maybe someone could possibly help.

- Cydia will not load. As soon as I open it up I get error messages. I get "Problem parsing Provides line", "The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.", and "Problem parsing Provides line" again. I can then tap "Return to Cydia" but I can't access anything...sections, changes, packages, sources, nothing. Everything just comes up empty. This is a real problem because I can't remove packages or sources that may be causing the problems I'm having. I've been trying to open Cydia up for a few days now and still nothing.

- Occasionally and randomly when I bring up my multitasking bar, a black bar the size or the task switcher appears under the multitasking bar and I can't navigate through my task switcher.

- Also occasionally and randomly my springboard will freeze for a second or two and then my hidden icons will appear. Including AdSheet, FieldTest, and iOS Diagnostics. (This isn't actually a new problem, it's been happening ever since I jailbroke but I thought I'd add it to the list anyway because it's quite irritating.)

- I constantly have a push notification on my App Store telling me I have 1 update available but when I open it up, no updates are available.

Okay, I think that's it.. That's all I can think of at the moment anyway. The biggest issue being Cydia not loading..because I reallyy need Cydia. So if anyone has any advice I would really, really appreciate it. Thanks.

the appstore problem is due to cracked apps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    the appstore problem is due to cracked apps
    I don't have any cracked apps installed on my phone...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

A restore is definitely needed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    A restore is definitely needed.
    Well that sucks. I hate restoring.. I just find it really weird that Cydia suddenly stopped working. Because within the time that it was working fine and the time when it stopped working, I haven't installed anything new.. I just don't understand what could've caused this.

EDIT: Finally got Cydia to load, trying to figure out what's causing my problems now.
    Last edited by frejes32; 2011-07-15 at 10:24 PM.

You can go into Manage and re-install Cydia. It also sounds like you may need to reinstall Mobile Substrate as well.

Did you install anything just before you started having these problems? There may be a conflict with a mobile substrate app from Cydia - an app that is not updated for 4.3.3.

Also, I don't want to state the obvious, but when was the last time you rebooted your phone? As in a power-down/ power-up?

??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    You can go into Manage and re-install Cydia. It also sounds like you may need to reinstall Mobile Substrate as well.

Did you install anything just before you started having these problems? There may be a conflict with a mobile substrate app from Cydia - an app that is not updated for 4.3.3.

Also, I don't want to state the obvious, but when was the last time you rebooted your phone? As in a power-down/ power-up?

??
    Well I think I've got things sorted out now. I kept getting Cydia errors from some Chinese source I installed when I was looking for some interesting new tweaks lol. But after I finally got Cydia to load I deleted the source and it works fine now. But to answer your question about installing anything before I started having problems; No, like I said I never installed ANYTHING from Cydia between the time everything worked and the time I started having problems. But so far, almost everything seems to be back in working order. I think I'll still have issues with my task switcher and the hidden icons thing, just haven't run into them yet. I think I may have some tweaks installed that are interfering with each other, I'll just have to do a little investigating. Also, I reboot my phone quite often. I hardly ever actually power it down and leave it off because I'm pretty much constantly using it lol. But yeah, I do reboot whenever I feel like things are getting slow and buggy on me...seems to usually do the trick.