Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How did my iOS downgrade itself??

Default How did my iOS downgrade itself??
    Ok here's a strange one... I got a brand new ip4 as did my wife, on the same day from the same store. Both out the box both with iOS 4.3.3. Both jailbroke with redsn0w on the same laptop both using the same iTunes etc etc ya get the picture....
    Thing is now my phone says the iOS is 4.2.1

If I try and save the shsh it will only let me save 4.3.3 which Cydia shows.

Same with tiny'. So what's going on which iOS do I actually have? I've never restored with any fw only jailbroke I dont get it. My wifes says 4.3.3???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1310621758.876212.jpg   -imageuploadedbymodmyi1310621867.561052.jpg  

Now just curious. You didn't use fakeabout screen at all?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

What does the bottom of Cydia say? Like what version does it say at bottom.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

+1

Thanks

Also what does itunes say when you plug it in.

4.2.1 as pictured....

No I've never used fake anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Also what does itunes say when you plug it in.
    iTunes says 4.2.1 now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1310622310.996563.jpg  

Is your baseband still 04.10.00? This is really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Is your baseband still 04.10.00? This is really weird.
    No it's 03.10.01

Confusing the **** outta me!!! :{

Thanks

Did you restore from backup or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Did you restore from backup or anything?
    Nope set up as a new phone exactly the same as my wifes! All I've done is synced my apps from iTunes from my old ip4 which was on that fw but I've also synced the same apps to my wifes too..

Well since you are on 4.2.1 might as well save your shsh blobs with iFaith

Well since you are on 4.2.1 might as well save your shsh blobs with iFaith
    I'll try that cos tinyumbrella won't and neither will Cydia they'll only let me save 4.3.3

iFaith will force grab the shsh's that are already on the phone. Get it from iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones

iFaith will force grab the shsh's that are already on the phone. Get it from iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones
    Cheers dude I'll give that a go when I get home tonight

No problem

Most likely explanation is you're not remembering it right, because downgraded firmware AND baseband is a physical impossibility. What are the 3rd, 4th, and 5th numbers of your serial #? That would be the manufacture date and should be a good estimator of what the phone probably shipped with.

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    Most likely explanation is you're not remembering it right, because downgraded firmware AND baseband is a physical impossibility. What are the 3rd, 4th, and 5th numbers of your serial #? That would be the manufacture date and should be a good estimator of what the phone probably shipped with.

I never said my BB downgraded only my FW..... The FW must of been the same on both of them because when i JB with redsn0w i used the same 4.3.3 CustFW on both phones!!??

My serial is 84050******* (32gb) my wifes is jj1234***** (16gb)

No joy just keep gettin device unsupported....

Ah, that serial is 50th week of 2010 which would be mid-December. 4.2.1 should have been what it shipped with, as it would be shipped on all phones manufactured from Nov 22, 2010 to March 9, 2011. Your wife's is very new, 23rd week of 2011 (2nd week of June), so definitely should have shipped with 4.3.3. In my experience, serial is a very accurate indicator of shipped firmware version.
    Redsn0w doesn't actually do a full firmware update, it just uses IPSW to determine what and how to perform the jailbreak exploit, and that's often compatible between versions so I'm guessing that's why you were able to point to a 4.3.3 IPSW and jailbreak both phones with it.

Hmmm interesting.... Ok looks like im gonna have to take ya word on that one In that case any idea why i cant save 4.2.1 SHSH??

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz229 View Post
    No it's 03.10.01

Confusing the **** outta me!!! :{
    The iphone 4 came with IOS 4.2.1 but you assumed it as 4.3.3 when you looked at your wife's iphone IOS version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast