Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone text messages deleted, but show up on spotlight search.

Default iPhone text messages deleted, but show up on spotlight search.
    I was sending an MMS, then I got a phone call after I hung up, I got another text and my phone crashed and went to safe mode. All my text were deleted after that, I had important business text... I looked on spotlight search and found some text when searching.

Is the text messages in a file inside my phone? Can I restore it back on with iFile or something?
    If I helped thank me!

Thanks

I remember back when I was manually backing up iPhones SMS text messages there is a file in the MobileSMS.app folder that store all of the SMS in the phone, if that is empty then I believe your SMS are gone.
    Arthur "Goof"
    [email protected]

RIP Steve Jobs.

Darn.. 48KB now. I had over 10,000 worth of text of many different business partners and personal.
    If I helped thank me!

Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    Darn.. 48KB now. I had over 10,000 worth of text of many different business partners and personal.
    Ouch can you not restore from the last backup?

iTunes backup that is...

Sadly no... My computer always had a sync services issue would never let me restore from back ups, no option too. Unless there is a file somewhere on my computer of my back up.

In windows the backup file is in CDocuments and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
    As for editing or extracting info from it I'm not too sure someone else will have to help with that bit.