Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Syncing seperate contacts & calenders in itunes

Default Syncing seperate contacts & calenders in itunes
    My wife just got her iphone 4 and I have managed to sync all the apps and music to her phone but can't figure out how to do the seperate contacts and calenders. Can anyone help me with this? When I plug in her phone it won't let me change the contact choices and I am afraid that if I check "all" thats exactly what I am going to get, all of them, hers and mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Goof View Post
    If you are on the Mac, all of the contacts from Address Book will be sync to the iPhone. I would look in there just export all of the contacts to vCards then take out the ones you don't want to be sync'd to her iPhone and then sync then re-add them.
    I am on a windows xp

Save your contacts in 'windows contacts' and save your wifes contacts in Outlook. When you plug your phone in select sync with windows contacts and when you plug your wifes in select sync with outlook

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tazz229 For This Useful Post:

John1177 (2011-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz229 View Post
    Save your contacts in 'windows contacts' and save your wifes contacts in Outlook. When you plug your phone in select sync with windows contacts and when you plug your wifes in select sync with outlook
    Since mine are already in Outlook I will try to save hers to windows contacts if I can find out how to do that.. I was not aware there was such a place..LOL. Can you possibly give me any instructions on how to go about that? I would so much appreciate it..How about her calenders, can they be saved there also?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^With the iPhone plugged in, click the 1st tab (Info). In addition to Outlook and Windows, Google is an option for contacts & calendar.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

John1177 (2011-07-14)

That is fantastic,,, thanks so much to both of you for your help...

Glad to be of service :P I had the same issue with mine and my wifes too lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

A separate Windows log-in account for you and your wife would work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    A separate Windows log-in account for you and your wife would work too.
    Yeah very true I was gonna do that before I found that solution lol