Results 1 to 8 of 8

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Iphone circuit board

  1. #1
    Question Iphone circuit board
    I ve a non working 3gs iphone and I would like to test its circuit board. I ve another working 3gs which I would like to open and remove its circuit board and put the other one from the non working 3gs. My question is would removing the circuit board from the working 3gs will force me to do restore when I assemblate back or the phone will work just like normal? I just dont want to lose all the stuff that s on it. Plus all the restore process is way too long. Thanks for any suggestions

  2. #2
    no you should be fine. I never restored when I switched the logic boards between to 3G's
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Raub View Post
    ... My question is would removing the circuit board from the working 3gs will force me to do restore when I assemblate back or the phone will work just like normal? ...
    You should be ok. Be very careful about static electricity.

  4. #4
    thanks so much folks. 1 3gs is 16gig and the other one is 32gig

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Raub View Post
    thanks so much folks. 1 3gs is 16gig and the other one is 32gig
    No problem. The memory will follow with the logic board.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

    Raub (2011-07-11)

  7. #6
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

    Raub (2011-07-11)

  9. #7
    Thank you Str4y and Mes for your help. I appreciate it very much

  10. #8
    No problem
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •