Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disabling Data Roaming for specific apps (is there a way?)

Default Disabling Data Roaming for specific apps (is there a way?)
    Hi:

I was wondering if there is any way, (cydia tweak or application) that will display a list for all installed applications where one can manually enable or disable data consumption (roaming) for specific apps.

International data roaming is quite expensive and I would like to only leave certain applications with the data consumption enabled (email, whatsapp, among others) so I was wondering if there is a way to actually achieve this.

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Interesting idea. It might be similar to the location services option, where each app can be enabled/disabled. FYI: Most (if not all) USA mobile service includes USA roaming.

Sorry, never see anything like this . Developers?

Thank you Mes

Is just that precisely I do not live in the US, and I do travel quite a lot abroad, so I always end up paying quite a substantial amount of Data Roaming charges even if I purchase my carrier's data roaming plans.
    I think it would be great, and just like you already mentioned, there is such an option for location services, maybe it wouldn't be too hard to create such a tweak for Data Roaming services (who knows I might be wrong of course)

Hope any developer will read this post and will come up with sth like this.