Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS App that doesn't suck

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default SMS App that doesn't suck
    Hey guys, I'm making this thread because come tomorrow, I will no longer have unlimited texting, or any texting at all on my iPhone. I've had to deal with this before (but still had 200) but the apps I used suck.

Is there one that doesn't require the other person to have it? Is there one that allows you to send text messages using your actual phone number?

Thanks!

text plus the other person doesnt have to have it, but as far as using your same number i dont think theres any app that does that.

You can use google voice, it lets you check messages from your computer if you ever want to and i think the app has push notifications
    There's also textnow, it's faster than textplus and i get push notifications instantly
    if all your friends have iphones, you can get (and tell them to get) textfreek and then install bitesms from cydia and it will integrate with textfreek and be super amazing

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    text plus the other person doesnt have to have it, but as far as using your same number i dont think theres any app that does that.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAred View Post
    You can use google voice, it lets you check messages from your computer if you ever want to and i think the app has push notifications
    There's also textnow, it's faster than textplus and i get push notifications instantly
    if all your friends have iphones, you can get (and tell them to get) textfreek and then install bitesms from cydia and it will integrate with textfreek and be super amazing
    Thanks guys! I purchased Text+ Gold and stuff... and moved icon to my front page. Is there any way I can hack the app to change the name to "SMS" or something? The icon will be easy, but I don't know how to alter names. Thanks!