Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Manual Contacts Using Database files from iphone Explorer

Question Help Manual Contacts Using Database files from iphone Explorer
    I reformatted my mac about a week ago forgetting about my iphone sync and contacts. When I synced my iPhone 4 the contacts where removed. I reinstalled 4.3.3 as I wanted a fresh install so I could try the new Jailbreeakme 3.0. I backed up my Address Book files using iPhone Explorer located at /var/Mobile/Library/AddressBook before I reformatted. I tried just replacing the files in that directory and rebooting which just caused the Phone.app and Contacts.app crash when opened. I was maybe wondering if there is a way round this to get my contacts back...

Thanks is advance.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Check ownership and permissions. All the files and folders must be owned by user 'mobile'. Permissions between files and directories are generally 0700 for directories and 0644 for files.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Check ownership and permissions. All the files and folders must be owned by user 'mobile'. Permissions between files and directories are generally 0700 for directories and 0644 for files.
    I changed them all to 0644 but still no luck

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TechSnack View Post
    I changed them all to 0644 but still no luck
    What about ownership. They must all be owned by user 'mobile'

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    What about ownership. They must all be owned by user 'mobile'
    I'm using Cyberduck via SSH and it says OWNER 0 on all files how can I change it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Not sure about Cyberduck. But owner 0 is root (not mobile). I use Cygwin SSH or WinSCP from a Windows 7 PC for all my access. From WinSCP, select the directory, then properties, then change owner to mobile. With an SSH window, use chown mobile directory_or_file_name
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-07-07 at 08:19 PM.