Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes cannot read the contents.

"iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone " iPhone ". Has anybody had this, or help fix it..? If i Cant I'll just rejailbreak it. thanks.... 3gs 4.3.3 jailbroken with redsn0w

Last edited by rivnygfan11; 2011-07-06 at 04:11 AM.

You will need to restore. Rejailbreaking it won't really do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Don't restore. I have helped with this exact issue many times over the years here at MMi.

Take a glance at this thread: http://modmyi.com/forums/general/729...ts-iphone.html
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

rivnygfan11 (2011-07-08)

Cer0 that doesn't work, already did it. Thanks for trying to help though!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

That's very odd. That has always worked lol.

Try to remove these too. iTunesControl, iTunesCDB, iTunesPrefs They are in the same folder(iTunes_Control\)

After you deleted these disconnect from the PC and then reconnect and try.

If those don't work then time to go for all music related items. (also deselect voice memos as they tend to cause issuse sometimes too)

1) On a Mac using Cyberduck or a PC using WinSCP, view the files on your iPhone (google SSH Cyberduck iPhone if you need help with this step)

2) Navigate to /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes/
    and delete the file iTunesDB

At this point, iTunes will no longer give you the error message BUT, your music, ringtones, podcasts will still be taking up space on your iPhone but your iPhone won't try to read them and iTunes won't see them. The solution is the next step.

3) In Cyberduck (or WinSCP) navigate to /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music and delete all of the folders in the Music directory

4) Go back one level to /private/var/mobile/Media and go to the Ringtones directory and delete them too.

5) Close iTunes and open it again, allow your iPhone to sync again. It should copy all your music, podcasts, and videos back to your phone, though depending on how much you have, it could take a while.

6) If you have Ringtones in your iTunes and they're not going back on your phone after all of this, plug your phone in and select the iPhone in Devices in iTunes and click the Ringtones tab. Deselect 'sync ringtones' and it will display a message warning you that all ringtones will be removed from you phone. Accept that and click 'apply'. After the phone has finished syncing, select 'Sync Ringtones' again and click apply. Allow it to sync. That successfully put the ringtones back on my phone.
    source: MacRumors Forums - View Single Post - iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone
    Last edited by Cer0; 2011-07-09 at 01:30 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    That's very odd. That has always worked lol.

Try to remove these too. iTunesControl, iTunesCDB, iTunesPrefs They are in the same folder(iTunes_Control\)

After you deleted these disconnect from the PC and then reconnect and try.

If those don't work then time to go for all music related items. (also deselect voice memos as they tend to cause issuse sometimes too)

source: MacRumors Forums - View Single Post - iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone
    Thanks I'll try that later, and let you know if it worked!

I have the same problem & have tried all the renaming/removing tricks itunescdb etc but i get the following error in itunes then:
    'Were sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time'

Can anyone help?
    I've tried removing all the above files and then renamed my Music folder to Music.bck but still get the above 'We're sorry error'
    Going on hols today so would really appreciate getting this fixed...
    Thanks!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jicjoc View Post
    I have the same problem & have tried all the renaming/removing tricks itunescdb etc but i get the following error in itunes then:
    'Were sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time'

Can anyone help?
    I've tried removing all the above files and then renamed my Music folder to Music.bck but still get the above 'We're sorry error'
    Going on hols today so would really appreciate getting this fixed...
    Thanks!!
    I'm going to go with black listed in your case check on the apple site. For OP I'd go with cer0 on how to fix their issue.

Blacklisted?? What does that mean?
    Is it because my phone is jailbroken?
    Thanks!

Thanks

I was just kidding but you never know. Try a different computer. No nothing to do with jailbreak.