Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: To anyone else running iOS 5

Default To anyone else running iOS 5
    As you all know they have added the ability to add custom SMS tones. Well, I dislike giving Apple money, hence why I have never given them a dime for stupid stuff such as ringtones and always made my own. Custom ringtones use the .m4r extension, my question is what extension are custom SMS tones using in iOS 5? I tried the default .caf extension with no luck. I'm working on making my own SMS tones and just want to figure out which format iTunes actually recognizes.

This is something I've been looking for as well, since I already have some custom SMS tones made and put into place by Winterboard.

So far I've found nothing in place in the iTunes Info.plist to recognize custom SMS tones. There is the information in place for ringtones and everything else iTunes recognizes. And since when you try to buy a new SMS tone it takes you straight to buy new ringtones. My guess is that part is not yet in place for us. Neither on the iphone nor on iTunes...

I'm hoping the next beta version of iTunes will have some information in the Info.plist to give some hints... if not then maybe it is just a ringtone with certain limitations, size and length could be parts of it....

Niscandia