Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T VS Verizon iPhone

Default AT&T VS Verizon iPhone
    I have T-Mobile and I'm slowing starting to die because of the slow edge speed lol. I'm thinking about switching to AT&T. Where I live they both get good service. But which is better in your opinion AT&T or Verizon?

Depends on what you want in the phone. AT&T has SIM cards, and you can talk and surf at the same time, two big pluses in my opinion. The Verizon has the best network in the US, so if you don't travel a lot out of the US and/or have a spare GSM phone, that could be the biggest plus. The AT&T 3G network is faster than Verizon's 3G network, but for the next few days Verizon has unlimited (until July 7th I think) and AT&T has limited tiered plans, so the amount of surfing you do could affect your decision.

The other major difference at this point in time, is the OS level, AT&T is on 4.3 where Verizon is only on 4.2, hopefully they will both be on 5.x soon and this could become a non-issue.

As you can see there are pluses and minus for each, you need to pick which one works best for you.

I didn't know this! Thanks a lot. I've been with T-Mobile for about 8 or 9 years. I just need 3G. It depends on the price for both also. Can you not surf and talk on Verizon? I like SIM cards because it's a hassle having to call in and activate a new phone and sometimes they charge hidden activation fees. But AT&T no longer carries unlimited? Didn't know I will have to do some price research.
    If I helped thank me!