Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with restoring a passcode locked iPhone 1G

Default Help with restoring a passcode locked iPhone 1G
    So a few months ago I bought an iPhone 1G 4gb off eBay because I used to be in the phase where I wanted every iPhone. Well I recently had all of them but realized it's stupid and sold them all except my main iPhone 4 and this 1G. I didn't sell it because I wanted to keep it because it is the original. Anyway, when I got it I already knew that the power button was broken and all I wanted to do with it was restore it to 1.0. But there was a passcode on it and I have no clue on how to remove it. I can't get it to restore because iTunes keeps on telling me to put in the passcode and I can't get it in dfu or recovery mode because the power button. Is there anyway I can bypass it or get the phone in dfu or recovery mode through a program or something? Thanks.

Why did the person who sold you the phone not remove the passcode?
    I can see no reason why they would not have done unless they did not know it which means the device is stolen and you won't get help with a stolen device.
    Unless there is a valid reason why it has a passcode that you don't know?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

The seller said that they were unable to restore the device because the power button so they sold it. iTunes says it cannot connect to "aaron's iphone" and the seller's name was Aaron so it's not stolen or it's a coincidence. I just don't know why they said nothing about the passcode or removed it. I messaged the seller when I received but they never answered.

If the phone was theirs they would have removed the passcode. I am. 99% certain. If not the seller will tell you the code or you should ask for your money back.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

It was months ago so I can't get a refund and they never responded to my message. I doubt it is stolen because who steals an iPhone complete in the box to sell? And it wasn't like it went for a lot of money also because I bought it for thirty dollars.

Thanks

why do you auto assume he stole it? Maybe he found it? Or maybe he did buy it off ebay (even tho honestly that excuse seems a little flawed... but hey who am i to judge). Anyways.... finding something isn't the same as stealing something... so maybe you could give him a little help.

Also ... why don't you google... How to restore a pass code locked iPhone? i'm sure someone out there has offered some help

inb4 not returning it is stealing it

Maybe he has no way to find who lost it.
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Just so we can toss out the "he stole it" card:

Anyway, I know how to restore a passcode locked iDevice. If you paid attention to the post instead of going off on that it may be stolen, the power button is broken so I cannot get it into dfu or recovery mode. I remember there being a program to put devices in dfu mode but I don't remember it and Googling it didn't help.

Thanks

When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.