Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g help!!!

Default iPhone 3g help!!!
    i put all my apps from ipod touch 2g to itunes .. and when i sync apps to my iphone 3g see if it works .. it works but my save files is not there in my iphone 3g.. help ?

from ipod touch 2g to itunes.. then i sync battleheart to my iphone 3g 4.2.1 .. when i run battleheart in m iphone 3g my game save files is not there.. ipod touch have the game save file.. how do i transfer the game save file to my iphone 3g? pls respond!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

did you backup everything on you 2g ipod? If so then it shouldnt be any problem to transfer your backup to your iphone. Usually in most cases it backs up everything including game save files as this has always worked for me in the past transferring from different iphones. Its the same concept using an ipod touch.

You can always ssh into your device and use a backup extractor to get the neccessary files but that requires your device to be jailbroken.
    Last edited by ihappy; 2011-06-27 at 06:29 AM. Reason: added info

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ihappy For This Useful Post:

jarell162 (2011-06-27)

thx!! ill do that after my iphone is out of recovery loop mode ... ._____.

is there other way than backing up ur ipod touch? i get an error backing up

I NEED HELP.. I want to put all my save files to my iphone,..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What error are you getting when backing up??

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    What error are you getting when backing up??
    iTunes could not back up the iPod "Jarell's iPod" because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iPod. Delete the backup for the iPod, then try again.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Have you tried deleting any previous backups via iTunes Preferences?

To do this, head to the Edit drop down menu and choose Preferences. When the window pops up, head over to the Devices tab.

Here you will see a section where you can delete previous backups by highlighting a specific backup and choosing Delete Backup.

Then restart iTunes and try restoring and updating your iPod once again.

If still no luck, double check for other backups via this location on your PC.
    C: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Restre and update? I already have my ipod touch uptodate but.. idk if i restore my jailbreak will not be there..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well thats just a precautionary thing if deleting the backups doesn't work for you.

Updating/Restoring will make you lose your jailbreak but depending on the fw you should be able to rejailbreak again.

Not much else can be done if your backup is corrupt

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    Well thats just a precautionary thing if deleting the backups doesn't work for you.

Updating/Restoring will make you lose your jailbreak but depending on the fw you should be able to rejailbreak again.

Not much else can be done if your backup is corrupt
    Is there other way?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I would just delete the previous backups and then make a current backup through itunes. If the backup is still showing corrupt then something is wrong and I would just restore and start over. Sorry

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

AppBackup (via Cydia) will backup (and restore) AppleStore data files. Will need to install AppBackup on both devices. Backup the app data on one device, copy the AppBackup archive folder/files to the other device, then restore.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    AppBackup (via Cydia) will backup (and restore) AppleStore data files. Will need to install AppBackup on both devices. Backup the app data on one device, copy the AppBackup archive folder/files to the other device, then restore.
    But is that gonna solve his corrupt backup problem??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No. Thats really a different problem. If the device is in working order ... It will work. There's no need for iTunes. Just ssh copy the AppBackup archive from device to device.

Backup the app data in one, Copy the archive. Restore the app data on the other

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No. Thats really a different problem. If the device is in working order ... It will work. There's no need for iTunes. Just ssh copy the AppBackup archive from device to device.

Backup the app data in one, Copy the archive. Restore the app data on the other
    Wow. Learn something new everyday.

Well I stated earlier that he could ssh into his device or use a backup extractor but I know those can be kinda tricky especially if one doesn't know what they are doing.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Give it a try. You'll understand better. It's free in Cydia

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Give it a try. You'll understand better. It's free in Cydia
    Unfortunately I can't. I'm on iOS 5 beta 3 and don't wanna run the risk of running a buggy jailbreak on a buggy os lol. Plus I never have problems running my backups. They usually always work for me

I'll keep it in mind though. I used pkgbackup before but never appbackup.

Now im thinking though.. from ipod touch 2g to ipad 2 ? i wanna test battleheart to my ipad 2.. is Appbackup still gonna work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast