Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I really need some advice (pertaining to iPhone 4 and next model)!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

Default I really need some advice (pertaining to iPhone 4 and next model)!
    I am currently a T-Mobile network user with an unlocked iPhone 3GS. My uncle recently offered me the option to switch to his contract on At&t and get an iPhone 4 (no changes in costs per month whatsoever). I am asking for your input because I am sort of unsure about the next model. I would hate to buy an iPhone 4 if a largely improved iPhone 5 comes out in one month! But if the next generation iPhone will be small hardware improvements, such as the transition from the 3G to the 3GS, I'll just buy an iPhone 4 this weekend. So I guess i'm just asking for your input. What would you all do? I really appreciate it. Thanks!
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

Thanks

I'd personally wait, but that's just me.

Apple not coming out with a new iPhone this year, however weak the upgrades may be, would surprise me more than a zombie apocalypse within the next five minutes. Besides, if the next iPhone isn't up to snuff, the current i4 will be sold very cheaply (like the 3GS is now).

Thanks

I guess my next question would be: Do you think the upgrades in the next model are going to be major? Or just minor?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Atokadd View Post
    I guess my next question would be: Do you think the upgrades in the next model are going to be major? Or just minor?
    Coin flip. Apple will certainly bill them as major, and the rumor mill will always churn out the fanatic's desires... but of actually delivering, I'd say it's fifty-fifty. Then again, I'd label 3G -> 3GS a major upgrade in hindsight, though I certainly wouldn't have in the summer of 2009 (assuming the 2G->3G and 3GS->4 both qualify as major on their faces).

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Internal hardware will be impressive. Externally I've heard it will look similar if not identical to the iPhone 4 (with the exception of a possible larger screen). It's like the 3G/3GS thing, like Orby said. It's possible that the next iPhone won't be out till September even. Depends on how long you want to wait. It also wouldn't hurt to get a 4, and wait for next year's model.

Get the 4 and before the next one is out sell it and get the next one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks

I think i'm just going to get the 4 and see how this next model turns out. If its a major upgrade (not 4GS, which isn't that major in my opinion) i'll just keep the 4. But if it is major, ill sell it and buy the newest model. I can't stand this network or this outdated phone much longer! I'm sure the iPhone 4 will have good resale value in the future. I do have one additional question though. I remember reading once that for At&t customers that are already engaged in a two year contract who want a new iPhone they can get it at a discounted price ($400 instead of $600, for instance). I doubt this is true, but I just wanted to ask so I would know for sure. Thanks again for all the input everyone!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

ATT has a early upgrade price. It is not a full discount but still a discount.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]