Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3G jailbroken

Default iphone 3G jailbroken
    i got an iphone 3G i know it was jailbroken because it had the cydia store installed. i thought i could get it out of jailbreak mode by going to iphone settings and reset everything as a new phone but it just got it into recovery mode. i tried restoring in itunes but got error 1015. i do know that itunes did download firmware 4.2.1 for the phone to try to restore it. dont have any jailbreak tools on my computer and have never done this with an iphone. it is now stuck in dfu mode. would really appreciate the help

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Restore to custom firmware of 4.2.1 ( if that is what you want) created by Snowbreeze 2.2.1 to avoid error 1015.

You should be able to restore to stock firmware 4.2.1 unless it has the 6.15.00 baseband, in which case use custom firmware, search here: iOS 4.2.1 Custom Firmware without Baseband update
    You will also need the stock 4.2.1 firmware: http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/06...8_Restore.ipsw and redsn0w

Open redsn0w, load the original firmware, put your phone into pwned dfu mode, and restore to custom firmware in iTunes
    Last edited by AAred; 2011-06-23 at 06:18 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

if you just want to get out of DFU mode, try holding the power and home buttons at the same time. takes a few seconds but you should see the apple logo come up and be good to go.