Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Constant Cydia errors...?

Default Constant Cydia errors...?
    Ok first thing is this is my first time on the forums and first thread so I appologize if this is in the wrong section.
    Ok, EVERY time I go into Cydia and attempt to download something (anything) I get either one of two errors.

The first one is it either tells me to manually fix the problem and the download conpletely fails.
    OR it says that the directory /usr/lib/dpkg returned an error and the download completes but when I exit Cydia to go try what I got it either crashes or simply doesn't work

Does anyone know what to do? Or why this happens. Thanks

if you have mobileterminal, (if not, download the deb and put it into the autoinstall folder using your computer)
    open it and type:

su
    alpine
    dpkg --configure -a

this usually fixes many cydia errors
    if not, post what errors you get

Quote Originally Posted by AAred View Post
    if you have mobileterminal, (if not, download the deb and put it into the autoinstall folder using your computer)
    open it and type:

su
    alpine
    dpkg --configure -a

this usually fixes many cydia errors
    if not, post what errors you get

sorry it is /usr/bin/dpkg, and i did what you said to type in mobile terminal and it didnt seem to do anything.
    I went to try and uninstall bitesms but when i did it said that usr/bin/dpkg had an error and it didnt even uninstall.... i cant get update or anything because i always get these errors.

[HELP] Unable to install Dreamboard from Modmyi Souce
    So I logged in my Facebook and pay through paypal and all, then when I wanted to install it, it says this at the end

Subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I got this error..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Try to change from a "User" profile to a "Developer" profile. (Go to: Manage > Settings)
    If that doesn't work, your repository might be down. I would recommend removing the repository and then re-add it.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Tried everything still having problems.. I already paid for it