Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: should I switch from Android

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default should I switch from Android
    Hey guys, I used to have an iPhone 3g back when they were first released and stuck with it until the release of the original Droid release... now I'm on a Droid Incredible.

Just saw a preview of iOS5 and I'm thinking of switching back over to an iPhone.
    I remember when I had my 3G it was a necessity to JB so I can have copy/paste, themes, separate wallpapers, iRealSMS, iBlacklist, SBSettings, and a couple other. But it seems like iOS is coming up.

What new things have been released since back in the 3.0 days in the nativeOS and JB community?

Multitasking, retina screen on the i4, twitter integration coming soon, iCloud, etc

Thanks

what about Push notifications? I remember that was always an issue with my 3G

Works perfect for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks

is the current iOS capable of syncing with google yet? (calendar, contacts, etc)?

Well with iCloud (still in beta with iOS 5) it syncs wirelessly with your computer's calendar.

You are asking if you should switch from android and I am saying yes. Honestly, I have just come back from using an HTC Evo and a Samsung Galaxy S, along with a G2. These are all utilizing the 3 different forms of android. Between those three and iOS, iOS is the cleanest and best to use. Nothing can beat it. iOS is just getting better and better with each update.
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks

my main reason for switching was because of the horrible service of ATT and once I was on Android I fell in love with widgets, folders, notifications system and overall customization limitations. But it seems like all that is pretty much being fixed in iOS5

I've been flip flopping back and forth between my Atrix 4G and an iPhone 4. It seems like some of the games imo are much higher quality on iOS, but it seems like now that Android is getting some devices with some higher end specs, that some awesome games and apps are being developed to take advantage of that horsepower being offered on devices utilizing the dual core chips like the Tegra 2. I think we'll see soon enough a similar or higher spec'd device from apple.

The only android phone that I'd even consider getting is the Sensation 4g for tmobile. Otherwise i'd stick to my i4.
    Dude T.M.I

Default Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by theguy386 View Post
    is the current iOS capable of syncing with google yet? (calendar, contacts, etc)?
    Yep here is a step by step.
    Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help