Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Push not working on jailbroken but not unlocked 3GS

Unhappy Push not working on jailbroken but not unlocked 3GS
    I hope I'm posting this to the right section -- I've been browsing the forums and there seem to be problems people have run into in this section.

I've got an iPhone 3GS jailbroken with redsn0w running iOS version 4.31 (8G4). It is NOT unlocked, so still on the AT&T network.

My problem is this: I cannot get push notifications to work right. I get notified when I get emails on my gmail account, but none of the apps seem to push info when they should. Youtube is working fine, as is GPS. I also get notifications for missed calls / voicemails / SMS.

I've done a lot of Google searches on the problem, but everything I am finding refers to problems are unlocking, which I did not do.

The only jailbroken app that I am running that may affect push notifications is LockInfo; however, the problem existed before it was installed.

So far, I have:
    1. Made sure push is turned on in general and for the apps I want
    2. Everything on the Apple diagnosis page for push not working
    3. Tried running iPusher and iPush test (both failed, both on 3G and wifi).

I have considered buying PushFix2.0 to get a new push certificate (not 100% sure what that would do on a non-unlocked iPhone), but I am not sure if that will work. I did not want to try it in case I somehow break what is already working.

The primary apps I want push to work well for are BeejiveIM, Textfree, Skype, Facebook, any Twitter app, and Words With Friends; it would be nice if it worked reliably for other apps as well.

Does anyone know of any other solutions to my problem? I have no problem buying the right tweak / package to fix the problem, but I do not know what I need.

Nobody has any ideas?

Try restoring and rejailbreaking, but set the iphone up as new, do not restore from a previous backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Try restoring and rejailbreaking, but set the iphone up as new, do not restore from a previous backup.
    Thanks for the advice -- I had done this in the past, but it didn't work. I was about to try it again, when I thought I should go ahead and try Push Doctor, since I was about to restore and make everything new again.

Push Doctor worked beautifully -- I did not have to re-do everything.

In the future for when I have to restore and re-jailbreak, do you know of a good backup app / solution for Cydia? The last time I restored, I had to remember which packages I had downloaded and which JB apps I had.