Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Signal problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Signal problem
    iPhone 3gs, 4.1, jb & unlocked, bb 06.15

Hey guys,

My iphone has always worked fine but since I dropped it on the ground a few months ago its been having signal/connection problems very often. What happens is sometimes I have good signal (i.e. full bars) and I cant call txt or receive anything. And some other times it works just fine. Also sometimes I get "no service" for a while and it comes back fine after.. Anyways this is driving me crazy as I might I receive a txt and I cant even txt back as the phone doesnt work anymore. Also a lot of dropped calls.

I think it might be the antenna that is broken or a loose wire inside

What do you think and how could I fix this?? Or how much would it cost to get it fixed at the Apple Store?

Thanks
    Last edited by Simmz; 2011-06-17 at 02:59 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Common guys I need this fixed.. If you are an expert and cant even tell what is the problem just mention it please

bump

Thanks

Start with a DFU restore to stock firmware (use custom if you need to preserve an unlockable baseband)... if you know the network in question is strong in your area (as in you have another phone to confirm the network isn't having a bad day or a tower went down), then you should take your phone into Apple/your carrier for a warranty swap-out. If you're not under warranty, you're SOL unless somebody is feeling generous.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unfortunately I have no warranty.. And as for the restore, its a lot of work to get my unlock back and all my cydia apps. Also, I'm pretty sure it is a hardware problem

No one said it'd be a quick fix. You can purchase xBackup to backup all your cydia packages and redo the rest of it. I mean, seeing as you said you don't have a warranty on it, you can try all the software fixes before you dive into trying to fix the hardware. It's a lot less expensive than trying to seek out to get it fixed. Have you tried walking into an Apple store and seeing if maybe someone is feeling giving enough to swap it out for you?

i am having the same problem with my i phone i dropped it and now it won't get a signal.... Is there any way to fix this?