Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone have two iphones synced to same computer?

Default Anyone have two iphones synced to same computer?
    My wife is finally going to get an iphone and I wondered if anyone can tell me how to sync each one on the same computer with their own seperate address books, music, calender etc? I am running windows XP if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by John1177 View Post
    My wife is finally going to get an iphone and I wondered if anyone can tell me how to sync each one on the same computer with their own seperate address books, music, calender etc? I am running windows XP if that makes a difference.
    Once your iTunes library is set the way you want, go to the folder your iTunes music is stored in (mine is My Music > iTunes.
    Find the iTunes Library file (.itl)
    To simplify you can rename it with your name.
    Then when she sets up her new iPhone, iTunes will ask if it's a different device.
    Once she has set up her library (music, movies, etc.) the way she wants, then do the same and save hers with her name.
    THEN, when you want to open your library, hold down SHIFT when you launch iTunes and it will ask you to choose which library you want to open.
    It usually stays on that library each time it opens until you do the SHIFT launch and choose a different library.

I believe you can make up two accounts on your PC, one for you and one for your wife, than i assume you have office outlook install on your pc, import all your wife contact to outlook, than login to your account on your pc, it will only sync your stuff to your iphone, and your wife login to her account on the pc, it will only sync her stuff back to her new iphone.
    Hope this help.

thanks guys.. I appreciate it.