Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IOS 5 Beta - Iphone wont sync with PowerBook G4

Default IOS 5 Beta - Iphone wont sync with PowerBook G4
    Hello guys, I am hoping someone here can help me.

I have a PowerBook G4 and recently decided to update my Iphone 4 to iOS 5 Beta 1.

I had all sorts of problems getting the firmware onto my Iphone using the PowerBook; even in DFU mode it just wouldnt do it (kept giving me "Unknown Error 1" every single time) so eventually I decided to see if I could get it to work on my Windows XP laptop.

Using the Windows XP laptop, I was able to update the firmware on my Iphone 4 to iOS 5 without issue.

Now though, every time I connect my Iphone 4 to my Powerbook the "Sync" button is greyed out and no matter what I try, it just will not sync with the laptop.

As a result I have had to move all my music and apps to the Windows XP laptop, as for some reason the Iphone WILL sync with that computer.

Does anyone know why it will sync with one laptop and not the other? This is the first time I have tried Beta firmware. Is there some restriction on the firmware where by it will only sync with the computer used to update the firmware?

All ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

In order to sync you need itunes 10.5 beta (it requires OSX 10.6.6 in order to run)

I have iTunes 10.5 beta, and it runs just fine on my PowerBook as well with osx 10.5.8. I was able to successfully sync with iTunes 10.5 prior to updating to iOS 5 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser81 View Post
    I have iTunes 10.5 beta, and it runs just fine on my PowerBook as well with osx 10.5.8. I was able to successfully sync with iTunes 10.5 prior to updating to iOS 5 as well.
    iTunes 10.5 beta is for intel macs only. Wil NOT run on powePC.. So No, it did not run fine on your powerbook. It would not run or install at all.

You're wrong. It's on my PowerBook and it runs fine. I'll upload a video to YouTube if you don't believe me, but meantime can we get back to the point of this thread?

Click here For the unbelievers.

Your youtube link doesn't work.
    But you are correct it does work on PPC. I was mistaken.

Though not syncing on PPC with 10.5 beta and iOS5 beta seems to be a common issue.