Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recovering iphone photos, please help!

Default Recovering iphone photos, please help!
    My photo's wouldn't save onto my camera roll, and I read on a thread on another site that I have to go onto ifile & delete a few things, reboot & everything will be fine. Stupidly, I followed the steps, but all my photos are GONE. & I thought everytime I synced my iphone that it also backed it up, unfortunately it doesn't. Any way I can restore all my photos back? Is there a back up somewhere else on my mac? Please please help, I had so many photos on my iphone that I didn't get to save!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

When you open iTunes and you right-click your device, theres an option to "restore from backup"

If you select that, you'll be able to select any backups you have saved to load any info in it to your device. If you don't have any backups saved, well I suppose you've lost the photos.

I tried that, didn't work. I thought everytime I synced my phone it would automatically back up.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Syncing doesn't provide a means of saving your data. Periodically right-clicking your device in iTunes and selecting to create backup is what needs to happen. That way if anything like this happens, a backup has been created to use to restore what was on the device when you created the backup.