Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 warranty still valid if jailbroken at apple ? *read more

Default iphone 4 warranty still valid if jailbroken at apple ? *read more
    I am having a bit of a problem as I was ready to take my iphone 4 down to the apple store because my iphone 4 seem to be not connecting to any of my computers to sync with or to restore with as well as the home button been quite laggy. But it hit me when I remembered that maybe apple might not give me full warranty because I had jailbroken it. In usual case I would have just restored my iphone and brought it down to the apple store but because I couldn't connect I just manually went into Cydia and then deleted the Cydia installer but what I forgot to do was delete the other apps especially CyDelete. Now I am having second thoughts to taking my iphone down to the store because the CyDelete option is in the settings and I have no other way to restore the phone.

Any Ideas?

Thanks For reading the long scenario

as i know theres no warranty if you have a jailbroken idevice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It won't even go into recovery?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

just reset it through the settings menu

if you cant connect most likely they cant either and if they they are going to restore it anyways or tell you your comps are broken

I've had a bad experience resetting it through the settings once as I did and my idevice never restarted back and was stuck on the apple logo forever. So in the end, there's not that much I can do but just take the iphone to the apple store as it is and tell them what's up and maybe get it fixed. Oh wells life sucks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Good call... settings... general... reset... erase all content and settings. After this you should be stuck at the Apple logo and if iTunes won't recognize your phone then they'll have to warranty it. If they can get it to restore then you're still in the clear b/c that will erase the jailbreak.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

no reset it.. if it doesn't come back on.. well its better for you.. they will never know it was jailbroken.... it works out.. trust me.. resetting is your friend either way....

posted after you Poseidon.. was no no reset it to him just incase =)
    Last edited by lighter; 2011-06-07 at 10:05 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    When you rest it through settings, it not only erases the data, but most of the OS because there is a .plist file in the LaunchDaemons folder called com.apple.Obliteration. It would require a restore. That is why you are stuck at the Apple logo. Cheerio.

If the device is bricked/wont turn on then they can not tell it is jailbroken and your warranty is fine.
    If the device powers on and is functional, a restore will remove the jailbreak.
    OR you can hide the cydia icon and hope they apple store guys don't notice. I have heard this works as well.

lol, try to brick it. That advice made my day. Sorry my post is no help to OP, but i enjoyed this thread.