Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone as home entertainment hub

Default iPhone as home entertainment hub
    Before I explain exactly what I'm looking for let me explain the situation I'm in temporarily. basically where I am now my Iphone is my only source of internet and it is jailbroken. I have a TV, laptop, and xbox 360 none get internet/cable. I'd like to use my iPhone to either get internet to my laptop and xbox 360 through tethering but I've been unsuccessful trying several tethering apps and I refuse to pay Verizon $30 for their laptop tethering service. My second option was to download movies/tv shows through my iPhone and somehow move them to my laptop and/or xbox 360 so I have a larger screen to watch them on. Right now I have hulu plus and crunchyroll on my iPhone so I can watch stuff on their but the screen is too small. What I want is to be able to download stuff on my iPhone then move them over. So I searched some BitTorrent apps (IS Drive, and iControlBits) on ********** but couldn't find them. I'm willing to buy them but I want to know if they're worth it first or if I have other options.

I'd appreciate any suggestions/Recommendations. Btw my iPhone is a Verizon 4.
    Last edited by Gungr4ve; 2011-06-04 at 06:54 AM.