Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 on GoPhone prepaid - BB 02.10.04 FW4.2.1 - MMS not working?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi All,
    Upgraded about 3 weeks ago from my reliable 3GS that I ran on Gophone for about a year without a glitch. Everything worked including MMS. The new iphone 4 has been working great since I got it (just cut the sim card down, was already JB when I bought it, no need for an unlock of course). Just tonite my wife asked why I didn't respond to her MMS pics that she sent. I only got her text message w/o any pics coming thru with the text. Then I realized that I haven't gotten any MMS yet with the new phone (haven't tried sending any pics along with text either, but the text messages can be sent / received fine). Under Settings / messages, the MMS option is turned on. I backed up my 3gs before I sold it then restored the settings on the new phone thru itunes and didn't get any errors. Everything appeared to have transferred over 100%. So my question is, why isn't MMS working? I tried to send her a pic taken with the camera and it gets to about 85% then stops and comes up with the exclamation point. So apparently there is some kind of problem. Never had this issue with the 3GS. Any ideas? Much appreciated! I'm loving the iphone 4 but this is the first glitch I've had with it. Thanks.
    Dave

Followup: Forgot to mention that I primarily use the phone for texting so I get the .25/min with 200 messages per month for 4.99. I have NO data plan. But many times when I open the texting app, it comes up with the message "Cellular Data is Turned Off; turn on cellular data or use Wifi to access data". I don't have data setup since I don't use it nor should I need it right?. I shouldn't need any #'s keyed in there for MMS messaging should I? (didn't on 3GS). And when at home and work, the WiFi works fine also.

Got it. Apparently a setting from the 3GS wasn't transferred over to the new one. I had to have Cellular Data turned ON. Now I'm getting all of my MMS's from the wife. Didn't realize I needed this on.
    Last edited by conqst99; 2011-05-29 at 05:25 AM.