Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Capacase 0.1

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Capacase 0.1
    The world's first iPhone 4 case to sport a bluetooth keyboard, and speakers!

With its sliding design it is able to reveal both a keyboard or a set of speakers all in one case.

The case will be designed for the iPhone 4 firstly, then other generations will be drafted later on.

Tell me what you think about it!
    Last edited by pnt101; 2011-05-30 at 12:46 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    No one likes it?

slide out speakers is pretty sweet..

If the speakers are to be as round as the image implies, then it is going to be a two tiered slider, which will make the case & phone combo unusably thick.

The size of the slidable back will also interfere with the camera & flash.

Get those concerns dealt with, and I'm interested.
    Last edited by Sherminator; 2011-05-30 at 01:54 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    For your fist issue I don't fully understand it?

For the 2nd one I've figured a way of have the case not interfere with the camera as shown:
    Last edited by pnt101; 2011-05-30 at 12:46 AM.

Taking the Boxwave sliding keyboard as an example of the smallest usable keyboard for a sliding device, the rows of your proposed keyboard would have to be smaller to accommodate the size of the speakers that you illustrate and maintain a sturdy sliding (and locking in place) mechanism.

The 2D Sliding Mechanism is a nice touch, and perhaps you could incorporate that into having one end of the QWERTY keyboard serving as a physical dialpad also.

The automatic power control that you illustrate would be better served by activating each section only when that section is exposed. (i.e sliding to speakers powers the BT AD2P section, sliding to Keyboard, powers the BT Keyboard & sliding either back behind the iPhone powers down the unit) to conserve battery power for both the iPhone & the case battery as sliding the case flush with the iPhone powering the case would mean all sound being automatically diverted to the speakers, and text input to the keyboard.

Your proposals are very interesting, and I strongly suggest that you look into protecting the intellectual property being posted here at your earliest possible convenience (if you are not already doing so), even if it means taking your posts down.
    Last edited by Sherminator; 2011-05-30 at 01:57 AM.