Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Extra Playlist taking up lots of space?

Default Extra Playlist taking up lots of space?
    Today I was listening to my playlist and I decided I wanted to create a new one, but without one particular artist. I plugged my phone in, went to itunes and duplicated the current playlist I had ('"Eriks Playlist") and then removed all the music by Eminem. When I transferred this new playlist over it took up as much space as the original! I went to my music management and when I had the playlist "Eriks Playlist Modified" unchecked I had 1.22 gigs free, when I had "Eriks Playlist Modified" checked along with the original I had .42 gigs free. So then I unchecked the original and left just the modified version checked, guess what? 1.22 gigs free. How could the same playlist, just with less music take up the same amount of space? I don't even see why this new playlist would take up any additional space in the first place. I thought all my music was already on my phone, playlists simply help organize them.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this normal? I would really like to have an additional playlist, but not at the cost of so much space. Thanks for any help.
    ZEBRAHEAD, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, JEREMIAH FREED
    "A day without laughter is a day waster" - Charlie Chaplin

No one else has this problem/any ideas?
    ZEBRAHEAD, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, JEREMIAH FREED
    "A day without laughter is a day waster" - Charlie Chaplin