Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Must switch carrier, need advice please (re: tethering & contract problem)

Default Must switch carrier, need advice please (re: tethering & contract problem)
    we have been with att for years. are grandfathered in with unlimited data. we have 3 iphones. most recent was purchased on mothers day. (one iphone has the 200mg plan, other two have unlimited.)

my husband & i have been tethering with pdanet. my usage is actually 99.9% through my phone though, i RARELY tether.

today we both received the 2nd notice about tethering, we spoke to them & they say that they can not provide us with actual proof, but detect tethering so are adding the $45 a month data plan. (to begin on june9) they say theres no way around it. no more unlimited data, & we have to have the plan. also that we violated TOS, so the part of the contract that says if they change plans & we dont have to pay the termination fee does not apply.... yet they CANT PROVE IT.

we just looked into verizon & can have 3 new iphone 4's with 700 minutes & unlimited data for all 3 for $199 a month.

is there something better out there than verizon?

suggestions?

if u can unlock your iphones, there's tmobile:P