Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mail.app and HOTMAIL/LIVE question

Thanks

Default Mail.app and HOTMAIL/LIVE question
    So, recently I figured out how to use the Microsoft Exchange server to finally have a way to sync my live account with the mail.app.

That in itself is pretty awesome because I can finally check my live account and actually have it synchronized, and I can only focus and the e-mails that I haven't read. Additionally, I can see my folders other than just my inbox. This is good, because I have specific folders for some websites, and I have the server push the e-mails to those folders.

Now, my problem is this. I recently started using PUSH notifications. What I noticed is that mail.app only gives me badges and sounds, but not alerts (the message bubble saying theres a new e-mail.) Is this normal?

Furthermore, for my folders (my modmyi forlder for example), it only vibrates and makes a sound, but no badge... which kills the whole point of notifications because if my phone is in vibrate and i dont catch it the first time I have no sign to know I have a new email.

Is this all normal, or is there something wrong with my phone? Do I need pushfix?

iPhone? More like MyPhone M3th0s's Avatar
    Thanks

The mail app does not play very nice with hotmail/windows live.
    I know there was an app that I used to use, called mBoxmail or something similar.
    That had everything that the mail app has and more.
    Or you could always have a gmail acc and redirect everything there:P
    It only takes a few seconds, but if I helped you, say thanks!