Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak gave my iPhone 3G WSOD

Default Jailbreak gave my iPhone 3G WSOD
    Today I tried jailbreaking my iPhone 3G running 3.1.3 using redsn0w 0.9.4, which was working like a charm up until the reboot in which case the phone had a permanent white screen of death. I've tried everything, hard reset, DFU mode, even restoring it through iTunes and re-jailbreaking it. It restores just fine but still has a permanent white screen that I can't get rid of. The phone has never been dropped and was working perfectly up until the point I tried to jailbreak it with redsn0w. Any ideas?

Can anyone help me? I really need my phone back.
    Last edited by Matt V; 2011-05-19 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just do a baasic restore to 3.1.3 then use jailbreakme to jailbreak

How can I use Jailbreak Me when I can't even access anything on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt V View Post
    How can I use Jailbreak Me when I can't even access anything on the phone?
    He already said RESTORE first then use jailbreakme

Like I said in the first post, I've restored a couple times now and it won't come out of the white screen.

Are you in dfu? Using tu? Anything

I've tried DFU and recovery mode, still get the same result. And I use TU to get the phone out of recovery mode after restoring back to 3.1.2/3.1.3

Do you have the option in tu for fixed recovery? And are you getting an error code?

It appears I was using the old version of TU (4.22). I'll try this new version with fix recovery and see what happens.

Ok I can click Fix Recovery but it appears to do nothing. I click yes to confirm but then I get no response. How long does that take exactly?
    Last edited by Matt V; 2011-05-19 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sounds to me like a broken screen that just happened to break at the exact time you were jailbreaking!!
    Last edited by skiptowncat; 2011-05-19 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Goddamn autocorrect