Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with Iphone 4 (4.3.3)

Default Problem with Iphone 4 (4.3.3)
    My brother just got his iphone 4 and he is using the Gevey turbo sim right now...the problem is he couldnt import the sim contacts...does anyone have this problem ? If so, how do you solve it ?

Put the sim in with out the gevey and import then install the gevey sim

Just tried that..didnt work. So what now ?

Hmm lol not sure that's a tricky one

Did you have the same problem ? or ur just working fine ?

I have never used a brevet personally. I just know that usually when you but a sim card in to can transfer contacts

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I've imported contacts before from a SIM into an iPhone. Didn't give me a problem. Can you verify the contacts are indeed on the SIM with another phone? And are you trying to do the import via settings app?

His SIM is fine with another phone ( before he cut down to the mini one) and now idk why it wont let us import it. We just need to import the contacts not the app or anything like that. Does that matter if the phone is already jailbreak ? or is it something wrong w the phone ?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

No I meant to check if the contacts are in the SIM not if the SIM works in another phone. Usually you can see SIM contacts on non iPhone devices that allow you to import the contacts in the first place.

And I'm still looking for an answer for whether you're trying to import the contacts with an app or through your settings.