Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Corrupted iPhone

Unhappy Corrupted iPhone
    I messed up my iPhone 4 GSM 32gb. It all started when greenpois0n released their untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1. I was previously using the tethered jailbreak from redsn0w. I accidently did the most idiotic thing in my life. It said that if you're currently on a tethered jailbreak you should restore your phone. Like an idiot instead of Pressing restore in iTunes, I went and click "Erase All Content and Settings" on the iPhone. Biggest mistake of my life.

Now my iphone is extremely glitchy. Apps randomly close, lots of graphic glitches, lots of glitches in cydia, sometimes the keyboard replace characters or is blank, the phone even shuts off randomly and reboots. one minute its working fine and another it just spazzes with glitches.

Here are the list of things I've tried:
    -Restoring with iTunes
    -Jailbreaking and updating Base Structure on Cydia
    -Updating to every new version that came out
    -Downgrading back to 4.2.1
    -Begged the lord to have mercy
    -DFU restore
    -Holding Home and plug into PC Restore
    -Jailbroke with RedSn0w,Sn0wbreeze,greenpois0n on 4.2.1
    -Jailbroke with Redsn0w on 4.3.2 + 4.3.3
    -Pwned DFU restore

If anyone has any idea what to do or have encountered this problem please reply. I am EXTREMELY DESPERATE!
    I've looked for weeks and weeks on the Internet and oddly enough no one seems to have had this issue.
    Last edited by gethonor; 2011-05-16 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Added things to the list

Thanks

Did you restore then set up as new? Or did you restore and setup from a backup? Restore and setup as new if you haven't already tried this.

Yeah I set up as new every time.
    I even tried deleting all the backups at one point.
    Last edited by gethonor; 2011-05-18 at 04:13 PM. Reason: .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Tried naming it something different than previous name?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

^+1. I'd just restore to stock 4.3.3. Use that for a day or 2 and make sure it's not an issue with the phone it's self. No dfu nothing just restore to stock ipsw from apple. Set up as new and name it different.

After a day or two If it works fine then jailbreak with redsnow0.9.6rc16 only select install cydia. You should be good to go after that.

Okay, I'll try what you suggested and reply back in a couple days. Thanks in advance.

Well, I tried it out for a couple of days. It seemed promising the first day, still randomly rebooting but much less glitchy. Day2 when I started using the Wifi features such as safari and youtube, it reboots 80% of the time. Any other suggestions ? I'm willing to try almost anything at this point.

Try restoring without jailbreaking , and if the problem fixed , try another jailbreaking software , or redownloading greenpois0n

Quote Originally Posted by Shady1213 View Post
    Try restoring without jailbreaking , and if the problem fixed , try another jailbreaking software , or redownloading greenpois0n
    Thats what A3gOwner suggested and i left it in that state for 2 days

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Restore and don't jailbreak again. Leave it like that for a few days let it get all messed up again and then take it to apple store and show them with hopes to get a new one with out the problems.
    I Like Eletronics

is getting a refurbished one the only option for me? I take really good care of my Phone and I don't want to trade it in for one that is opened. any other options ?

While searching today I came across a couple of posts tat seem promising.

Preparing your iPhone for resale | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews
    How can I completely erase all personal data from my jailbroken iPhone? | The iPhone FAQ

But I failed because I can't find the mount or unmount files. and can't figure out where to type in the commands. Do I need a mac because I only got Windows ):

I agree with one_crazy_dude

hopefully ios5 will fix it. Is there a way I can upgrade it now?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gethonor View Post
    hopefully ios5 will fix it. Is there a way I can upgrade it now?
    Go to twitter.com and find somebody selling udid's. I got mine from Twitter . It was $5, but he instantly activated it, and he sent me a link to the ios 5 torrent and everything. He'll register you as a dev though so you can get past the activation screen.

sadly 5.0 doesnt fix it either. There has to be a way ):

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast