Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok, complete noob, installing a Dreamboard theme. Where did it go?

Default Ok, complete noob, installing a Dreamboard theme. Where did it go?
    I have both dreamstore and dreamboard on my phone. Navigated to the store, downloaded Rain. It said "installed, you can now select it in dreamboard etc etc". Went to dreamboard, it's no where to be found - only the crappy looking Android clone one there and the default (back to my standard screen) are in there. Navigated to the dreamboard folder in iFile, and it's not there either. WTF?

Perhaps this is an issue with "rain"? Because the Metro 6 theme worked...
    Last edited by Matth3w; 2011-05-16 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm not insinuating anything...but it is known that DB themes from the Dreamstore will only appear/work if you bought DB in Cydia. Meaning if you're using a pirated version, it won't work.

If you bought dreamboard, you might consider uninstalling the theme, reinstall it, then respring. Then it should show up.

Oh, I definitely paid for it. And one of the free themes works no issue whatsoever. The OS7 gave me the black screen of death I read about on Google though.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

The black screen happens with some of the themes. Happened to me once and had to disable it and reinstall. Never used the theme again.

But as for your theme not showing up in Dreamboard, did you do the respring?

Also before I go buying themes..say for example on the AppleWeb HD theme...at the top where you have like iPhone, iOS messages, iPod, Calendar, etc...can I change the link for Calendar from the stock Calendar to a third party app like Calendars or something? I don't use the stock Calendar app EVER. That's the one thing that makes me not want themes, is having to use their choices of apps. Like notes...I never use that, I use todo...etc

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    The black screen happens with some of the themes. Happened to me once and had to disable it and reinstall. Never used the theme again.

But as for your theme not showing up in Dreamboard, did you do the respring?
    Yeah I even rebooted, it never showed up. Like I said, it never even installed into iFile. Try to install Rain and see if it works for you, it's free.
    Last edited by Matth3w; 2011-05-16 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Ok I'll go try Rain.

As for the icons of your choice, Apple WEB has a menu that you can select what popular apps you want on I believe the bottom icons (the larger ones). But as for the others you can change them to launch whatever app you want and some themes include psd's for you to create your own icon to replace others.

I myself replaced the message launcher to launch textfree by renaming the code of com.apple.mobileSMS to com.pinger.textfreeWithVoice

It does take some work to do that, but I don't usually mess with any except the texting launcher.

I'll be back to let you know if Rain worked.

How do u edit it to launch a different app?

I think I found it in the plist but I don't know the name of the app. It's called calendars but not sure what the com is called if that makes sense. How do I find that out?
    Last edited by Matth3w; 2011-05-16 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

So just tried Rain and it didn't show up. Resprang and it didn't show up. I'm either doing something wrong or it's the theme. I've downloaded themes from dreamstore just fine before.

It's not just your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    How do u edit it to launch a different app?

I think I found it in the plist but I don't know the name of the app. It's called calendars but not sure what the com is called if that makes sense. How do I find that out?
    You're wanting to replace the calendar app? I don't even remember how I found out textfree needs to be named com.pinger.textfreeWithVoice but i just know thats what I have to use to launch textfree.

I would suggest going to the DB theme thread here on MMi and asking what the calendar app is named and whatever the app you're trying to use in place is named. Those theme experts in the theme threads know what they're talking about.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-05-16 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

I am pretty sure calendar is com.apple.mobilecal
    Am firin ma lasah

I'm looking for the app called calendars which is a third party app. And many more apps so I need to just figure out where to get that info