Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Wi-Fi issues after downgrade?!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G Wi-Fi issues after downgrade?!
    Hello everyone,

I have downgraded an iPhone 3G from 4.2.1 firmware (that has never been previously jailbroken) to 3.1.3 firmware.

After activating the phone using its original carrier SIM, I decided to try and jailbreak it using JailbreakMe...

*Note: The iPhone is on baseband 5.15.04.

Unfortunately, the iPhone is not picking up any nearby networks (although my 3GS is picking up Wi-Fi perfectly).

Did this issue come up because of the downgrade or is it because of something else?

All help will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Bump! I need to know if there is a fix for this!
    Last edited by Jcbzr; 2011-05-15 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Edited read my next entry

try this add cydia.pushfix.info and download "fix wifi" you will need a cellular data connection

Did u try safe mode? If it can see the wifi in safe mode then it's something from cydia causing it

if it doesnt work in safe mode then u will have to restore

Have u tried opening SBSettings and going to Mobile Substrate Addons and turn it all to off? If that fixes the issue do a process of elimination to find the problem cydia app, once found turn it ON then uninstall it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Did u try safe mode? If it can see the wifi in safe mode then it's something from cydia causing it

if it doesnt work in safe mode then u will have to restore

Have u tried opening SBSettings and going to Mobile Substrate Addons and turn it all to off? If that fixes the issue do a process of elimination to find the problem cydia app, once found turn it ON then uninstall it
    I have jailbroke it, but this was already an issue prior to the jailbreak. Nothing has been installed via Cydia since I don't have a Wi-Fi connection.

I've read up that it could possibly be a hardware issue or a baseband issue.

Has the phone ever been taken apart? Maybe the wifi chip wasn't connected properly

maybe the WI-FI chip went bad and u need to buy a new one, to test to see if this is the case the 3GS wifi should work in the 3G, make sure the 3GS is out of warranty first, dont attempt this if it's new to you find someone on craigslist that repairs iPhones

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Has the phone ever been taken apart? Maybe the wifi chip wasn't connected properly

maybe the WI-FI chip went bad and u need to buy a new one, to test to see if this is the case the 3GS wifi should work in the 3G, make sure the 3GS is out of warranty first, dont attempt this if it's new to you find someone on craigslist that repairs iPhones
    That's not the issue. It's never been taken apart before, nor has it ever been jailbroken prior to its current jailbreak.

By the way, I have updated the iPhone 3G's baseband to 6.15, and used Whited00r to downgrade the firmware from 4.2.1 to 3.1.3 with the iPad baseband. The phone is currently jailbroken and unlocked, only the Wi-Fi issue remains.
    Last edited by Jcbzr; 2011-05-15 at 07:45 PM.