Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore troubles!!!! HELP PLZ

Unhappy Restore troubles!!!! HELP PLZ
    Hi There

So I updated the iphone 3Gs, previously on 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 with baseband 0.6.15.00. However when it came to restoring I ran into a slight issue: I got the error '...restore failed...' Now I tried to restore quite a few times turned the phone on and off, turned the PC off and on... but still no luck. in the process I accidently selected 'back up' instead of 'restore from back up'. I then started iTunes by 'run as administrator' and then tried to restore again... crossing my fingers that I would get all my data back, it seems the restore worked however due to my accidental back up shortly before doesn't look i got all my data... well none at all.

So my question... is there anyway to get my data back some how some way?? or did i completely f*cked up?

Help me PLZ!

Z

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Right click on the iPhone in iTunes and select restore from backup, a box should pop up where you can see all backups on your computer. See if the one you want is there.

My problem is that I had just updated to 4.3.3 and when I trying to restore from back up I selected back up... Which means that possibly all my previous data is now lost... So that's what I'm trying to do... Is that possible?? ( but I eventually it restored from back up... I think.... But none of my data was there...???)

Does any of this make sense?

So new discovery with my issue... My back up, it didn't restore everything.... Only my notes? This has now confused me... Where is the rest of my stuff, contacts photos, apps ect?????
    Last edited by ZoeBeann; 2011-05-14 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

I don't know

If you do the thing I said though you may be able to find different backups that you can try.

Aww waa... Thanks anyway man. Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeBeann View Post
    My problem is that I had just updated to 4.3.3 and when I trying to restore from back up I selected back up... Which means that possibly all my previous data is now lost... So that's what I'm trying to do... Is that possible?? ( but I eventually it restored from back up... I think.... But none of my data was there...???)

Does any of this make sense?

So new discovery with my issue... My back up, it didn't restore everything.... Only my notes? This has now confused me... Where is the rest of my stuff, contacts photos, apps ect?????
    Restore from the previous backup, not the new one. Don't restore from the newest one, choose an older one. iTunes should have more then the newest backup u mistakingly made, after a restore. Does it show more than 1 backup in >iTunes >Edit >Preferences >Devices >Device Backups, on your PC/MAC? There should be a few, use the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Hi

So I think I found the previous back up, but two problems. 1) both back ups say yesterday 14 May @ 8:20... In which I backed up all my stuff before I did the whole restore thing. ( I dont have any others as I resently formatted the PC) 2) how do I try restore now?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeBeann View Post
    Hi

So I think I found the previous back up, but two problems. 1) both back ups say yesterday 14 May @ 8:20... In which I backed up all my stuff before I did the whole restore thing. ( I dont have any others as I resently formatted the PC) 2) how do I try restore now?
    Open iTunes, plug the iPhone in, right click on the iPhone in iTunes left pane, restore from backup, select backup & restore.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi