Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is this a Crisis?

Default Is this a Crisis?
    My iPhone 4 (JB on 4.2.1 BB 2.10.04) was working flawlessly. I was driving in my car and tried to initiate a call via my bluetooth and nothing happened.

My phone then started to vibrate. I thought it was weird as I thought my bluetooth would tell me I had an incoming call. It wasn't a call!!

My phone just started vibrating and won't stop. The screen is black and pressing the power on/off or the home button has no effect.

It's been 40 minutes now and I can't get it to stop. I plugged it into iTunes and it doesn't show up at all.

Update:

I did google and find out how to reboot it (power & home till it reboots) and now it appears back to normal however I would be interested in knowing why this even happened. Is it just an anomaly and won't happen again?

Thanks guys..
    Last edited by volvik; 2011-05-14 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Update

Thanks

not sure what causes it but it has happened to me before, probably 3 or 4 times on different phones dating back to the original iphone through the iphone 4 (i have had all 4 versions), it usually happens out of nowhere and for no apparent reason, i wouldn't worry about honestly, it may happen again or it may not

Quote Originally Posted by volvik View Post
    My iPhone 4 (JB on 4.2.1 BB 2.10.04) was working flawlessly. I was driving in my car and tried to initiate a call via my bluetooth and nothing happened.

My phone then started to vibrate. I thought it was weird as I thought my bluetooth would tell me I had an incoming call. It wasn't a call!!

My phone just started vibrating and won't stop. The screen is black and pressing the power on/off or the home button has no effect.

It's been 40 minutes now and I can't get it to stop. I plugged it into iTunes and it doesn't show up at all.

Update:

I did google and find out how to reboot it (power & home till it reboots) and now it appears back to normal however I would be interested in knowing why this even happened. Is it just an anomaly and won't happen again?

Thanks guys..
    Power + home = reset

Power on/off = re-boot

U did a reset, not re-boot. Either way, good to hear u fixed it. Just wanted to clarify the difference in case any newbies read this.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    Power + home = reset

Power on/off = re-boot

U did a reset, not re-boot. Either way, good to hear u fixed it. Just wanted to clarify the difference in case any newbies read this.

Power+home=hard reboot

Power on/off=power on/off

But see what I wrote really isn't true either cause I can turn my phone off with power+home too. Its a hard reboot I guess if you hold til it powers back on.

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    Power+home=hard reboot

Power on/off=power on/off

But see what I wrote really isn't true either cause I can turn my phone off with power+home too. Its a hard reboot I guess if you hold til it powers back on.
    OY vay, wtvr!

Power on/off = power on/off???

Look I'm not arguing with u, I don't make these rules up.

Power + home = reset
    Power on/off = re-boot

Yes, when u reset it also re-boots. Lastly u can respring, which is a soft re-boot with SBSettings or when u apply anything via winterboard.